Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Specs seem just like those in the UK dealer information note that I was shown when we ordered ours. In that white / red colour too!

Johnny's Fully Charged review mentioned more two-tone and a bunch of single colour options which we don't have. I guess they may be LHD / EU only, or maybe not available until later...

I do like the light, airy nature of the interior of our current 30 kW one, but the black leather isn't the end of the world.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a Neptune Blue one on order, had no info apart from possible February 2020 delivery date although on another thread (can't remember which) somebody who had one on order has been told possible October 2019 date ?. The Fully Charged review said that the UK models have all the plastic cladding on the car, also mentioned different colour interior may be available. I also have a pre-order for a VW ID3, I will see what it is like after the reveal in Frankfurt in Sept. Fully charged review below

Fully Charged KIA Soul EV 2019

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Neptune Blue one on order, had no info apart from possible February 2020 delivery date although on another thread (can't remember which) somebody who had one on order has been told possible October 2019 date ?. The Fully Charged review said that the UK models have all the plastic cladding on the car, also mentioned different colour interior may be available. I also have a pre-order for a VW ID3, I will see what it is like after the reveal in Frankfurt in Sept. Fully charged review below

Fully Charged KIA Soul EV 2019
I have the same colour on order... been watching all the videos I can to see the full range of views and details - although as you say the Irish and EU specs won’t be exactly the same as the UK one. The more I watch, the more excited I get :) it seems to wrap everything I want from other current cars into one model, with the exception of 360 view cameras which I love on my Leaf 24.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it's of use, these are the details I was shown when placing my order:

In terms of the colours that might eventually become available, there are 7 two-tone and 7 single-colour options shown in a slide show at Inside EVs, including the three combinations we'll get on the First Edition here. The forum won't let me link directly as I'm a new member so here's an unlinked version: insideevs.com/news/345758/presenting-the-new-kia-soul-ev-slideshow-plus-gallery/

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for posting the above details, loving the cost of the service plan. I have a KIA Stinger at the moment and that has to be serviced every 6 Months - my service plan cost over £1100. Also I have just been on a trip to see family and spent over £150 in fuel, had a look at "A Better Route Planner" web site and planned the same route with the Soul EV - It came to less than £20 in Electric :eek:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's of use, these are the details I was shown when placing my order:

View attachment 122038

In terms of the colours that might eventually become available, there are 7 two-tone and 7 single-colour options shown in a slide show at Inside EVs, including the three combinations we'll get on the First Edition here. The forum won't let me link directly as I'm a new member so here's an unlinked version: insideevs.com/news/345758/presenting-the-new-kia-soul-ev-slideshow-plus-gallery/
At 5.9% with a GFV similar to the Niro the PCP is going to come out around £600/month for 10k miles over 4 years.

Kia's PCP is really bad.

·
Premium Member
9,811 Posts
I don't watch amateur videos but read the Whatcar article
Looks a good spec, but IMO expensive at almost £34K after grant and presumably no discount available? Still has a smaller boot than a Zoe, so not a great "family" car. I guess some will pay for range and a bit more space over a ZE50 at (probably) £25K battery owned.

The looks are still very marmite - I think OK but SWMBO wouldn't allow one on our drive, let alone be a passenger :LOL:

·
Registered
43 Posts
We love the quirky looks of the Soul, and SWMBO wouldn't even consider the "blend-in" grey colour when we got our reverse smurf. I quite like the look of the Zoe too, and with two sons learning to drive at the moment, a mid-range EV like a second hand ZE40 would be very useful once one/both are able to lighten our taxi driving duties.

Sadly though, after two Scenics and an Espace and no end of issues with each, Renault are one of those brands that I'd struggle to buy again. I know our EVs are simpler, inherently more reliable beasts in many ways, but sadly the dealer network is the same and my experience with Renault UK was patchy at best. Not a rational reason I know but there it is.

All that said, I hope that when the new Soul we've ordered is ready for swapping in a few years, the EV "premium" will have disappeared (as it seems to with the new MG), and competition will have driven some sense back into pricing.

·
Premium Member
9,811 Posts
We love the quirky looks of the Soul
Hence my Marmite comment ;) There are a lot of happy Soul owners, especially those who got good deals on last model. Even @donald seems reasonably happy :oops:

I am less sure their will be bargain PCH or PCP on the 64kWh one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love the Nissan Cube, (shame there's no EV version, although arguably the Soul is close) but one of my L-plate sons declared that even if I bought a Cube, he'd rather "take the bus than be seen in it".

He doesn't like marmite either

·
Premium Member
9,811 Posts
Yes, we see those a lot in USA and I agree they are cool. When I point them out to SWMBO on freeway her reply is too strong for a family friendly forum :LOL:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts