Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi guys,

I know Jonathan, he is a good guy, I've bought an i-miev from a contact of his before. I just like doing it myself !

I had actually chatted with Jonathan about this Soul, he said he thought it would go for around £9,500 at auction with the mileage it had, and the guy at the desk was quoting me £12k !

Might wait until something interesting comes up at the Aston Barclay near me, then I can bid on it directly. I'm not desperate for a new car but currently drive a Zoe 22kwh, about 80-90 miles range and would like more miles in the tank. The Zoe I bought broken as salvage (would not charge) so its hard to spend big money on a car when that cost me not a lot !

Cheers,

Gary.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
The Soul won't do that many more miles than the Zoe 22. Early 27kWh are 75-80 in the winter and about 110 in the summer which isn't that far off the Zoe I don't think. Build is better. It does rapid charge well though so if you don't mind stopping every 50-60 miles for 20 odd minutes (then another 15 mins if you need 90+%) then it should work.

The 30kWh Souls (2016 on) are a bit better still and rapid straight to 92% ish. The extra bit of battery and better rapid charging limits make that one far more flexible.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah this one was the later variety with 30Kwh usable. The Soul doesnt look very aerodynamic but having 30kwh usable instead of 22kwh is better.

Cheers

21 - 27 of 27 Posts