Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All

I have a 64 plate Soul which needs a new caliper and brake pads on the rear off side wheel. Mechanic says none of his suppliers can get the caliper because the car is an EV. Does anyone have a website/supplier they could recommend to help me out?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,650 Posts
Not corroded and seized. Fair wear and tear.

My advice these days is for people to get their brakes (rear especially) stripped down, cleaned up and reassembled every two years at least on EVs. Rear discs barely got enough use on ICE, let alone EVs.

I realise it might seem like a pointless effort at the time ... until it doesn't!

Answer to the OP ... I would be VERY surprised if they used a different caliper to standard Soul. Get a second opinion from another dealer, or go to yours and ask for the part numbers for each model (or at least last 4 digits, for some reason some are unwilling to share information like that).

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,650 Posts
It seems there are some differences over the years and models (screen shots of a US site), but still looks basically the same. I'd still enquire and make sure I understood what they say needs changing.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Try a Kia main dealer and get them to order the part? I've normally done that if the part isn't available in the normal after market channels.

I wouldn't get an in warranty EV serviced outside of the main dealer network as then any issues like this can be blamed on their set service schedule more easily.

Could a missed brake fluid change cause a caliper issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts