Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having nothing better to do, I am planning ahead for next year’s change of car. My preferred purchase options are to have a car lease, on a 23+3 basis if the difference between that and a 35+3 are not too great. I had a BMW i3 4 years ago on this basis, but now have a Yaris hybrid on a 35+3.
I am looking in particular at the Soul compared with the new Renault Zoe, as they are both about the right size for my awkward allocated parking space. However, whereas the current Zoe lease for the top of the range car is just over £290 pm, the Soul is a whopping £550 plus, despite only a £4K difference in OTR price. Anyone know the reason for this, and whether this difference is likely to change significantly before next year. The Soul has several advantages for me over the Zoe.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Heavy discounting by Renault would be the most probable answer, plus maybe perceived higher residual values.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
You'll get half the people coming on saying that it is because Renault are discounting and the residuals will be higher, the other half that Kia aren't discounting and hence the residuals will be a lot lower. Both are probably true.
Will it change by next year? Probably, but not by as much as you might hope assuming that both companies are still in existence - Hyundai are huge and Renault state backed so probably.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts