Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
Completely new to the EV world! Got myself a Soul EV and loving the drive and don't think ill ever go back!! but.....
I've been charging the car fine at home on the 7Kw AC connection, but decided to try a rapid charger while I was away from home and couldn't get it to charge! :(
I tried a couple of different charging points, and both where the same, it appears to start, then get a message on the car saying charging stopped.
Going to speak to the dealer in the morning, but I noticed some plastic covers on the CCS ports, are these normal? or should they have been removed before the car was given to me ?

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 2 LR, Seat Mii
577 Posts
The plastic tips on the pins in your photo are normal. They are to protect you from touching the contacts in case there are high voltages on them (I don't think there should be while it's unplugged, but it's a precaution)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Mine worked out the box but it think there is a setting to reduce the max power on a rapid (why?) so check that’s not activated. Sounds more like a faulty rapid to me - did you go to a different one and try that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts