Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
So they remove the Maxx for sale that was £33k and then bring it back at the same price albeit now with a smaller cheaper battery and bring back the maxx now re-branded as an explore at £39k.
So all they have done is put the price up by £6k.
Maybe they were selling them at a loss before.
Pleased I got the last maxx in the UK.

Also I'm not sure the claim to get 402 miles around town is credible - can anyone confirm this?
Haha, I thought we had the last one on 14th Sept. Great deal. £3k off inc the £1k PCP incentive so £32k for a decent range well specced EV with 7yr warranty. What's not to like.
Very pleased with it and unlike the BMW i3 we had before it shouldn't go bang at 6.5yrs old and only 23k miles with a £9.5k repair bill (reduced to £5,5k after much debate)
Lesson learnt; don't buy a European EV as they only have 3 yr warranties
Near to 400 miles could be possible. I got 305 range even on a 165 mile motorway trip home from collecting the Maxx and motorway driving is the least efficient for EVs. A taxi driver I use has an Ioniq 5 and says he gets 400 miles as much of his driving is in town so maximum regen

Haha, I thought we had the last one on 14th Sept. Great deal. £3k off inc the £1k PCP incentive so £32k for a decent range well specced EV with 7yr warranty. What's not to like.
Very pleased with it and unlike the BMW i3 we had before it shouldn't go bang at 6.5yrs old and only 23k miles with a £9.5k repair bill (reduced to £5,5k after much debate)
Lesson learnt; don't buy a European EV as they only have 3 yr warranties
Near to 400 miles could be possible. I got 305 range even on a 165 mile motorway trip home from collecting the Maxx and motorway driving is the least efficient for EVs. A taxi driver I use has an Ioniq 5 and says he gets 400 miles as much of his driving is in town so maximum regen
You did well to get that deal.
Did you have some pics of the salesman in an awkward situation. 🫣😂

We ordered our Soul back in April and it arrived at the end of July. We chose it because my wife is slightly disabled and the upright seating position suited her. We are new to EVs and are loving it. I narrowly avoided the 0 miles club last weekend, (curse you Gridserve, blessed be Instavolt). We bought a wall charger and got onto the Bulb EV tarrif so the car, dishwasher, washing machine etc cost 9.4p a kw. Rarely use a public charger so the running cost seems very reasonable after owning an ICE. finding the reduction in range caused by winter fascinating. I can keep the heated seats and wheel on but the range drops 10 miles as soon as I turn on the car heater! Weird because our solar panels on the house run more efficiently in cold weather.
Now the govmunt wants to charge EVs a VED (which I think is only fair) the playing field with ICEs will be more level and to keep an advantage I think EVs will need to at least stabilise their prices - plus the cheaper stuff coming from China (Ora Cat?) will provide real competition. So assuming Darth Putin has not vaporised us all, the next few years will be interesting.

The reduction in predicted range for the heater seems to be an arbitrary figure - it seems to be the same whether you have a heat-pump or not, and I don't think it takes into account what temperature is set, or the outside temperature.

I'm surprised you got 305 on motorway driving, what speed were you driving ?. In the summer my GOM almost always reads 254 when 100% and I find that at 70mph I probably get about 230 real miles.

I struggle to get 200 miles range in very cold weather at motorway speeds I’m afraid. If I can get 3 miles/kWh I’m doing well.
Today I did 182 miles with about 80%. The morning was very slow run with lots of traffic, but on the way back I wasn't hanging back. Ended up with 3.5m/kWh. Anyway, the 100% gom was reading 235miles, which is not far off from 227.

Today I did 182 miles with about 80%. The morning was very slow run with lots of traffic, but on the way back I wasn't hanging back. Ended up with 3.5m/kWh. Anyway, the 100% gom was reading 235miles, which is not far off from 227.
Yes, that sounds good. It’s the journey where it’s virtually all motorway speeds that will push it below 3 for me.

I had a fairly normal day today, drove about 20 miles total on motorway/dual carriageways, rest A roads and town work, plus I forgot to unplug the car before I turned on remote climate so had to wait a few minutes for the car to defrost! I used 40% to do 90 miles. There were 7 stops where I was with clients for 30 mins to 60 mins, so had to heat the cabin up every time. I’m driving in Eco at the moment, but changed the climate to normal as I prefer being warm at 22°C. I averaged 3.3 miles/kWh. I try and keep the speed down to 60/65mph on dual carriageways etc. so that equates to around 225 miles on 100%. That’s acceptable to me.

Reactions: Cocijo
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.