Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've just got another Leaf 30, and I notice one key difference between the two cars in that it makes no chime sound when switching the car on and off. I've been through the menu on the instrument panel, and selected all 3 different 'effects' as the car 'boots up', but none of them play, unlike the other Leaf we've got. Also, I can't see a volume control for this anywhere in the menu, but wondered if there is a fault or just a setting somewhere that needs to be adjusted? The handbook doesn't mention any other related settings to this. Everything else sounds related appears to work as normal. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
In my Leaf 24 I cancelled the start-up jungle from a setting in the menu. Perhaps the previous owner did that on yours too and it just needs reactivating. This vid shows that there is another option other than change sounds - To switch off or on.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I annoyed the Mrs by playing around with hers and changed it to most aggravating one. Also set up dog barks and cats meowing through the SatNav when she gets home and gets to work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my Leaf 24 I cancelled the start-up jungle from a setting in the menu. Perhaps the previous owner did that on yours too and it just needs reactivating. This vid shows that there is another option other than change sounds - To switch off or on.

I annoyed the Mrs by playing around with hers and changed it to most aggravating one. Also set up dog barks and cats meowing through the SatNav when she gets home and gets to work.
Yes, that's the menu I've been through to select the sound effects and to try the different sounds, but none of them work on the Leaf in question. I can quite happily change them on the other car. Any other settings to try, I've done a factory reset too btw.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,086 Posts
Do you still get the various annoying beeps when you open doors and such? If not, someone probably removed the internal speaker to get rid of the noise.

If you still have your other beeps then all I can assume is maybe there's some sort of data corruption that's damaged the effect tones and makes them fail to play?

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Yes, that's the menu I've been through to select the sound effects and to try the different sounds, but none of them work on the Leaf in question. I can quite happily change them on the other car. Any other settings to try, I've done a factory reset too btw.
In that YT video it seems to be another skip below the three different sound options to the specific setting to select 'on or off' for jingle sounds. Shown at 36 seconds in that video. That is certainly the place that I selected 'off' to silence the annoying jingle. Are you saying that the on/off option is not in that menu below the three sound options?

It was certainly there in my Leaf. Because I used it to silence the noise.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Silence is golden , Now with quiet mirrors as well :cool:
That's just as easy. Just needs a small can of WD40 that delivers through a small red straw. Poke the straw between the mirror and the outer shell and aim at the hinge point whilst folding and unfolding the mirror. Be generous until it stops squeaking. Wipe off the excess streaks down the door and say that you're sorry to the resident mirror spider you just evicted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you still get the various annoying beeps when you open doors and such? If not, someone probably removed the internal speaker to get rid of the noise.

If you still have your other beeps then all I can assume is maybe there's some sort of data corruption that's damaged the effect tones and makes them fail to play?
Hi. Yes, all the other annoying beeps like for the door being open with the ignition on are still present and correct, and all other things which output sound in the car all seem to be OK bar the chime to switch on, and the chime to switch off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has probably been disabled through Leafspy Pro.
OK good point, I'll have a look at that one, I'll check the settings! Interesting though it should be in Leaf Spy Pro, and not just use the menu on the console? However, it's definitely worth a look!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Problem solved, it was Leaf Spy Pro which was the key here to fixing the issue. For anyone else in the same situation, here is where the settings lurk:
Menu > Service Screen Enable > VSP Settings > Enable / Disable each sound as required.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Funny that, I have LeafSpy Pro and I've never been able to enable/disable sounds on my Leaf with it. I read somewhere else (and I can't remember where now) that LeafSpyPro doesn't work with Sunderland built cars. Any input anyone?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Funny that, I have LeafSpy Pro and I've never been able to enable/disable sounds on my Leaf with it. I read somewhere else (and I can't remember where now) that LeafSpyPro doesn't work with Sunderland built cars. Any input anyone?
Hi. The majority of Leafs in the UK are Sunderland built actually, so there shouldn't be any reason why you can't get to the same page as I did to enable / disable the sounds as appropriate, as mine is a UK built Leaf too. However, just check that you haven't got the sounds turned off from the dashboard too. (Settings > Effects)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've a 2012 Japan built 24Kw - and Leafspy won't let me change some of the things in the 'service' menu. It's a bit odd, since it enables changes in some things but not others.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts