Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to the forum here and the proud owner of a ZS EV for 2 months now. Very happy with it.
My previous car was a BMW i3 with the premium Harman Kardon system. As a musiclover I really miss that quality.
The MG is not bad at all with her sound quality but could be better.

Has anybody built in a sub? If so yes, does the entertainment system has an sub out, or has somebody used the speaker cables to filter out the lower Freq?

I am curious :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello

I'm getting the sound system completely overhauled this Wednesday.
I'm not keen on the sound system that came with the ZS so my car is getting interior stripped out completely, sound proofed, all speakers and wiring is being replaced and an under seat sub is going in. Going to be a 2 day job i'll try and get some photos for you by the chap who is doing the install.
I've also had the rear windows all tinted to 95% looks so much better ?

Cheers

Allen

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hello

I'm not keen on the sound system that came with the ZS so my car is getting interior stripped out completely, sound proofed, all speakers and wiring is being replaced and an under seat sub is going in. Going to be a 2 day job i'll try and get some photos for you by the chap who is doing the install.

Cheers

Allen
Hi Alan, I would be very interested in this myself as well.

I am getting my rear windows tinted this week.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Regarding tinting rear windows guys, you realise that this prevents the car behind you seeing the car in front of you's brake lights, don't you?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Regarding tinting rear windows guys, you realise that this prevents the car behind you seeing the car in front of you's brake lights, don't you?
The rear windows on my I-Pace and my XJ are so small that the same is true even if they are not tinted.

I also find that I can’t see through an articulated lorry for the brake lights of the car he is following at 3ft.

If I am so close to the car in front that I have to look through it’s windows to see the brake lights of cars in front of it, I am too close.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello

Cheers

Allen
What sort of price for the sound system upgrade? Are you getting a new amp for the speakers too?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I test drove an Excite, the sound was a little "thin", I think the Exclusive has additional speakers in the rear and I am hoping that will make it better.
I'm definitely interested in the result of improving the sound quality and adding sound proofing, I reckon that this is where a modest spend could make a big difference, the old 80:20 rule.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello

Cheers

Allen
Awesome! Thanks so much Allen for your reply! Looking forward to this! :)
I wonder if he is going to amp the speakers as well.... :)

@Paul M
I own the exclusive model but it really lacks lower frequenties. I do think for a normal out of the box sound system it is not that bad actually but lets see what we can do to make it better. I really think only adding a sub will help, and I don't mean the boomy one...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all

Yes unfortunately I feel the system doesn't have enough oomph and there isn't enough depth to the sound. It is certainly clear enough for a factory fit system but I'm in my car for over 2 hours a day and love my music.
The total cost is £950 the speakers and tweeters are Focal brand and yup I'm having an under seat sub/amp installed under the passenger seat + all the sound deadening.

Cheers

Allen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all

Yes unfortunately I feel the system doesn't have enough oomph and there isn't enough depth to the sound. It is certainly clear enough for a factory fit system but I'm in my car for over 2 hours a day and love my music.
The total cost is £950 the speakers and tweeters are Focal brand and yup I'm having an under seat sub/amp installed under the passenger seat + all the sound deadening.

Cheers

Allen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you know if the new cars arriving in the country from China has shark fin antenna or the usual antenna from the original batch that has arrived already.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I am very fussy about sound quality too.

Do keep us posted, please take pictures of the innards of the car. If it works out well, let me know the name of the installer so I can have some of the same work done!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Will do.
When i drop the car off tomorrow i will ask him to take pictures of the installation so i can share with you on here.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,197 Posts
Do you know if the new cars arriving in the country from China has shark fin antenna or the usual antenna from the original batch that has arrived already.
A regular Whip is fitted to UK cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi all

Cheers

Allen
Sounds like its going to be awesome. Love the focal products, I run them in my home audio system too. Great clarity and clean bass - lovely :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah Focal products are great products. The guy who is fitting the system said even with out the separate sub the speakers will give excellent performance.
I get my car back Thursday as some point so will check back in to let you know how it's all gone.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah Focal products are great products. The guy who is fitting the system said even with out the separate sub the speakers will give excellent performance.
I get my car back Thursday as some point so will check back in to let you know how it's all gone.
Yes please, very interested in your findings.

·
Registered
300 Posts
All the press pre-launch MG ZS EVs looked like they had the shark fin antenna. The car I received has the basic antenna. It won't fit in the garage unless I unscrew the antenna! Would be nice to have a conversion solution. ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts