Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello to all.
Stereo all fitted and all I can say is wow what a difference. Had an hour's drive home so have it a good blasting. Have now tweaked the equaliser settings to my liking. Anyone thinking of doing this it's well worth it as when i saw the original mg speakers, no wonder the sound lacks any real punch and depth.
The chap who fitted it all did a stunning job cannot see any wires and the sub is mounted under passenger seat. He even tidied up my dash cam wiring while he was at it ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Looks great! Enjoy it so much and thanks for the pictures! As I live in the Netherlands for me a drive up there would be a bit long unfortunately!
Do you know if he has used line cables for the sub or has he tapped in speaker wiring?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks great! Enjoy it so much and thanks for the pictures! As I live in the Netherlands for me a drive up there would be a bit long unfortunately!
Do you know if he has used line cables for the sub or has he tapped in speaker wiring?
Hi.
Yes would be a bit of a drive ?
I'm pretty sure he said tapped into the speakers from the high gain?? If that makes sense. If you're thinking big doing it, it's well worth it as the sound is completely transformed and definitely pleased I had the sub fitted. There is also a variable controller for the bass which he fitted near the usb ports for easy access.

Cheers

Allen

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to the forum here and the proud owner of a ZS EV for 2 months now. Very happy with it.
My previous car was a BMW i3 with the premium Harman Kardon system. As a musiclover I really miss that quality.
The MG is not bad at all with her sound quality but could be better.

Has anybody built in a sub? If so yes, does the entertainment system has an sub out, or has somebody used the speaker cables to filter out the lower Freq?

I am curious :)
Do you mean sub as in submarine?? I thought you had a water leak.😂
Regarding tinting rear windows guys, you realise that this prevents the car behind you seeing the car in front of you's brake lights, don't you?
The driver behind should be watching the cars break lights directly in front of them not ones beyond.If they were following a vehicle with no rear windows like a van or an hgv he would have to watch their brake lights.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Do you know if the new cars arriving in the country from China has shark fin antenna or the usual antenna from the original batch that has arrived already.
I got my new zs ev on 3rd of March and it has the antenna.I think the shark fin is for the Aisian markets for the built in internet.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The driver behind should be watching the cars break lights directly in front of them not ones beyond.If they were following a vehicle with no rear windows like a van or an hgv he would have to watch their brake lights.
you should be watching the car in front primarily but keeping an eye on all cars to the far distance, because the car in front might leave it too late to anticipate a sudden slowdown in traffic. I've often seen traffic queuing ahead and started slowing down, only to be passed by other cars at full speed who have to brake really hard to avoid crashing into a queue.
if the vehicle in front fills your entire vision, you're probably far too close.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hello to all.
Stereo all fitted and all I can say is wow what a difference. Had an hour's drive home so have it a good blasting. Have now tweaked the equaliser settings to my liking. Anyone thinking of doing this it's well worth it as when i saw the original mg speakers, no wonder the sound lacks any real punch and depth.
The chap who fitted it all did a stunning job cannot see any wires and the sub is mounted under passenger seat. He even tidied up my dash cam wiring while he was at it ?
nice! did he do all the speakers, front and back doors, and the ones in the pillars?

I watched the install of the Viofo Pro Duo dashcam on Tom's Man Shed, and I am thinking I'd rather pay an expert to do a permanent install of a dashcam, what with removing trim and pulling down the headlining etc! It would make sense to do that whilst replacing the speakers with decent ones.

I'd want to do this while the car is fairly new, because plastics age and get brittle over time and become harder to work with.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts