Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So When I'm using a USB drive it seems the sound system plays Album tracks in alphabetical order, not in Track Number Order!

I have re written all the meta tags on an album and it seems that I need to put the track number in the title tag for it to work correctly..

All my MP3's have full [artist] [album] [track] and [title] tags.

Does this happen with anyone else? Do My MP3's need an additional Tag of some kind for this sound system?

This could get very annoying, as I think half of us here are programmers who get very twitchy about things like this..

P.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I haven't worried about track order yet but I can see that alpha sequence might be annoying particularly when paying, for example, a film soundtrack when you would want the tracks played in the correct sequence. I have such a soundtrack, Evita, the story unfolds in the songs and so needs the correct sequence.

I shall have a look later :)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I'd recommend MP3Tag for all your metatag needs. BUT it's a botch to implement a workaround for something that appears to be functioning incorrectly, unless I'm doing something wrong, so does anyone else have this behaviour? or is it just me.

P.

·
Registered
387 Posts
@parax

Sorry cannot say as when I rip the MP3's they all have a track number as the first two characters so mine will work OK from what you say.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It makes you wonder how they could have done such an impressive job of programming the driving functions on the Volt/Ampera, and such an idiotic job on things like the Hard drive operation, or the ABC keyboard instead of querty.

·
Premium Member
11,066 Posts
I guess they put the 'junior' programmers on the 'easy' stuff :) it will be interesting to see if anything improves with the 2013 Volt in this regard...

Paul R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts