Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Source East chargers can be accessed using the Source London / CYC card?

The specific chargers I'd like to use are the Cambridge Madingley Road Park & Ride ones.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is/was reciprocity between Source East and Source London - But with the change of ownership at Source London I'd check with Pod-Point who run Source East as to the current state of play. 0845 519 8676

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I use Source London posts with my Source East card on a semi-regular basis. Cant see why it would not work in the reverse, as the changes aren't happening at Source London until later this year.

I suspect that the Source east system will go over to CYC at some point, as I notice one in St Ives showing a message to swipe your CYC card. Not sure why it was only 1 out of 4 chargers, but that's my hunch anyway.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Good luck with the bike ride. I'm hors concours at the moment - ultrasound last night indicated a 6cm tear in my left calf (the tribulations of a finely-honed athlete, eh?). Have been off the bike since 18th Aug with this. Antoher fracture clinic appointment on Friday...

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
did not make it to maddingly but tested at the st ives park and ride and my source london card worked just fine, same system as maddingley so you should be ok

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I was able to use a CYC card at Madingley on Saturday so if you have one of them too you are double covered (still waiting on Source east to get my card working ... only been a month, four emails and two phone calls ...)

I'll have a look at the St Ives one tomorrow - might be able to fix it with my CYC card?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have finally received my SourceEast card, but still no info about user name for login! Did get an email a week ago saying they would sort it but so far nadda.

Do I actually need to login to the site to use the card?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I have finally received my SourceEast card, but still no info about user name for login! Did get an email a week ago saying they would sort it but so far nadda.

Do I actually need to login to the site to use the card?
I didn't even know you could get a login, have been happily using mine since April without one ! :)

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
When I try to swipe mine (St Ives x 3, Cambridge, etc.) it tells me "Checking Access List .... Card not found". Another recent buyer has had the same problem. It only affects the Electromotiv units in the Park and Rides. The wall-mounted chargers (made by Chargemaster? Pod Point?) seem to be okay.

Neither of us have received login details, so were fingering that as the reason the Elektromotiv units had decided to say "Card Not found". Maybe not then. Source East don't appear capable of solving the problem though - I've sent them photos, postcode etc. with nothing heard back ... ah well.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Sounds more like a dodgy batch of cards ! Unless they have changed the system since march....
Have you tried calling the number on the post whilst you are there ? I found them helpful when someone had disconnected from 3 out of 4 posts without swiping to finish their sessions !

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Fixed the st Ives one, waved my cyc card at it - looks like someone unplugged without ending their session. Didn't know any card would end any Session?

No luck with source east, good job I didn't need a charge.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've had exactly the opposite issues with Source East, I can login to the members area but it has never registered any of my usage. Given that about 60% of my charging is using their public chargers around Bedford, that's quite a gap.

And after ordering a replacement card, I've got no tag details on the system at all. I'm sure they'll get their act together at some point.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello we are planning a trip to London today from Cardiff our source London card hasn't arrived or our CYC we have ecotricity, charge master and pod point would any of them work?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Hello we are planning a trip to London today from Cardiff our source London card hasn't arrived or our CYC we have ecotricity, charge master and pod point would any of them work?
It depends on where you are going. There is a reasonable chance that your pod point and chargemaster cards will work on some posts, but London is a bit hit and miss as far as the network is concerned.
Where are you going in London ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello Lee

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while and missed the post. We went to legoland but stayed near Hanger Lane.

We charged at motorway services so it worked out fine, only doubled back once to charge as one charger may have been out.

My other half thinks now we should only charge when it's really rapid then stop, in the hope it will speed up the journey time. Not sure if the is right or wrong but made the whole trip into an adventure for the family.

The Source London card turned up last week. Still waiting for our CYC card I need to check on it this week.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looking to go Diggerland in spring, they have Source East chargers does anyone know of Source London or any other card works there?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Looking to go Diggerland in spring, they have Source East chargers does anyone know of Source London or any other card works there?
Are you sure they do? Source East covers the East of England, which equates to roughly: Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire (except Milton Keynes), Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire.

Diggerland is in Strood, Kent, Durham, Castleford (West Yorkshire), Evesham. None of those places are on Source East's normal home territory.

Or have they opened another Diggerland?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts