Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody any idea what the status is of Source East? Their website seems defunct.
Although the chargers shown on their network are pretty slow some of the associated parking spaces look quite useful.

The best there is at what I do
I thought their chargers were taken over by someone else possibly Charge Master, have a look at Zap Map and it should tell you who is running the chargers now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I thought their chargers were taken over by someone else possibly Charge Master, have a look at Zap Map and it should tell you who is running the chargers now.
Zapmap still says they are "Source East"

Registered
It's a bit of a shambles at the minute. Cyc and polar cards are generally successful on most points. If they are working, and haven't been left in a charging state when someone unplugs....

Registered
Sadly it's a common problem when people modify their cables to allow them to pull the plug out without swiping to end their session :(
As it's free to charge a simple on/off switch would have made more sense than rfid cards...

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
So I complained to them & have finally got a response

" In order to issue you a Source East RFID swipe card, we require you to complete the attached application form, which also includes our terms and conditions.
Please ensure that you:
1). Download the form
2). Please read the terms and conditions detailed on pages 2-5
3). In order to edit the application form, you will need to click on the box titled "I need to sign" on the far right of the pdf
4). Complete all fields on the application form - including the check boxes - indicating your agreement to the terms and conditions
5). Ensure you sign or type your name in the required field at the bottom of page 1
6). Please note that we cannot accept any applications without both a name or signature in this field and completion of both check boxes
Please note that due to an issue with the cards, which has been escalated to the card manufacturer, we will not be able to dispatch your card immediately. Unfortunately, we do not currently have a timescale that we can provide you with as to when you will receive your card. However, as soon as this matter is resolved, we will communicate to all of our applicants."

Really????
- 2016 & they cannot handle an application on a web page, and they want you to read 5 pages of T&C, faff about with a pdf & still not be able to supply you with a RFID card !!!!!!!!!!!

EV Convert
This is on the Chargepoint website from October last year. Sounds like marketing puff to me.

SOURCE EAST 鈥 MAJOR UPGRADE AND TRANSFORMATION OF EV CHARGING INFRASTRUCTURE ACROSS THE EAST OF ENGLAND

Evalu8 Transport Innovations Limited and ChargePoint Services Limited are pleased to announce their new working partnership. Their joint aim is to transform the Source East Network of EV charging infrastructure through a major programme of upgrade and growth to create a fully-fledged sustainable PAYG operation across the region.
... more

Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure | Latest news from ChargePoint UK

1 - 18 of 18 Posts