Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m one week into EV ownership and so far Source has been a source of disappointment for me.
Charging costs are higher than local parking and you are charged even if you reach 100% capacity and aren’t drawing their juice. Maybe I shouldn’t complain about their pricing - it’s my choice to use them, but their customer service is fairly dreadful. Having asked to change a Flexi membership to a regular sub, they cannot do that and I must create a new account and lose the original £10 sign up. It surprises me that a company, meant to herald a new era of driving can operate so ineffectively. It’s sad that a company can reduce the benefits of driving an EV in London so much.

·
Registered
594 Posts
There have been several Sources, East and West as well as London I think.

The SL scheme sounds dire and there are a few threads on here about it. I was in SL when you got a card and the leccy was free as I used it. Now it costs a quid per KWH to charge my van it is a joke.

I would urge you to boycott them in protest.

SL makes complete twaddle of all the environmental statements coming out of London, classic case of politicians meeting every new problem with an open mouth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There have been several Sources, East and West as well as London I think.

The SL scheme sounds dire and there are a few threads on here about it. I was in SL when you got a card and the leccy was free as I used it. Now it costs a quid per KWH to charge my van it is a joke.

I would urge you to boycott them in protest.

SL makes complete twaddle of all the environmental statements coming out of London, classic case of politicians meeting every new problem with an open mouth.
London is so overpriced and shit to drive in. These guys with their overpricing and dreadful, inflexible customer service, haven’t made it any better.

·
Registered
594 Posts
These guys with their overpricing and dreadful, inflexible customer service, haven’t made it any better.
The problem is that using the public charging network is far far more complicated than refueling your ICE.

The original SL proposition was easy to understand. Their current one is not.

There may be one or two occasions when SL would make sense for me to use due to avoiding car parking charges or something.

Life is to short to try and keep pace with the marginal benefits of using a volatile scheme like this.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
SL is not a setup for encouraging EV use, that's long gone, it's sole purpose is to provide free parking and charging for their electric hire cars.
That's what we have now :whistle:(n)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.