Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to use a source London charge point the other day. The website states that you should select not a member on the charging point screen to use it as PAYG but the thing was every source London charge point I have come across only has the RFID screen - i.e no option to select a PAYG method. Am I missing something? Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 2016 Leaf 30 gone
157 Posts
I’ve used Source London for around 5 years now, I think the pay as you go option is only available using the app. I agree the charger screen has limited access although I have only used an rfid card to charge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I've just downloaded the app and tried to reserve a charge point it then brings up a link to "I have an account". Visited the website to create an account but it looks like to make an account you sign up to one of the subscriptions rather than PAYG 😡. I'll work it out at some point...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know you can ring them with your card details and they can remotely initiate a charge if you are stuck.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine had a button too right saying ‘not a member’ and then it showed a QR code and URL which took me to a page showing the charger and let me choose 3/7kw and put in my details to pay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Mrklaw If it's not too much trouble next time you use it would you mind taking a pic and posting? Just want to see if they're the same charging posts as the ones I've been trying to use.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah looked like that. didn’t screen was dead until you tapped it.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Does anyone know how long the lead is in those things? I think it would be so cool to have a charger at home where the lead automatically rolls back into the unit like a hoover. I've never seen a charger that does that other than the Source London ones.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Does anyone know how long the lead is in those things? I think it would be so cool to have a charger at home where the lead automatically rolls back into the unit like a hoover. I've never seen a charger that does that other than the Source London ones.
At a guess around 4 or 5 metres.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
This is a new thing but there is definitely now an option on the screen to select PAYG, as described by @Mrklaw above. The screen should wake up if you tap it vigorously.

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is a new thing but there is definitely now an option on the screen to select PAYG, as described by @Mrklaw above. The screen should wake up if you tap it vigorously.
The screen flashes up once I tap my rfid card giving instructions, must admit I’ve not taken much notice of it before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts