Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following info email to me this morning from source London.....

I am writing to let you know that from Monday 1 September 2014 we will no longer be operating Source London.
From this date IER will be operating Source London. You will be able to use the scheme charge points as you do today but please note the following:
•A new telephone number will be in operation for the Source London contact centre (020 3056 8989). In the short-term, calls to the current number will be automatically redirected
•The Source London website will have a new layout and design. You can continue to access the Source London website atwww.sourcelondon.net and log into your account using your existing details
All current memberships are valid until Wednesday 31 December 2014. IER will contact you before your membership is due to expire and will explain the renewal process.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From past coms regards this planned change over, I believe they are a French company and at one point it was said their plan was to have a yearly fee for unlimited amount of charging. Hopefully if this is the case then thats another area including York that has reasonable fees. I guess we will have to listen/look out for the updates to see their biz model.

A F-G

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
This should be illegal... transferring assets paid for with public funds to private companies and a foreign one at that!!!

It is enough to make me weep tbh.

Does anyone know what they paid for Source London and to whom?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
This should be illegal... transferring assets paid for with public funds to private companies and a foreign one at that!!!

It is enough to make me weep tbh.

Are you sure of this, its more likely that TFL will retain ownership and IER will manage them

·
Registered
74 Posts
I spoke to someone from Source London at an event who said that rumour had it £60 Per year unlimited charging payable £5 per month DD was an idea......

·
Super Moderator
7,458 Posts
I spoke to someone from Source London at an event who said that rumour had it £60 Per year unlimited charging payable £5 per month DD was an idea......
OK if you live in London I guess but pretty silly for someone who just wants to visit.....

Oh well, I'll take the petrol car....?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yes, broadly. We were invited to tender, but we passed. Not at liberty to go into terms, suffice to say the assets were not simply "transferred" but even if they were, that's sometimes the only way to proceed. Concorde was sold to BA for a quid, once the UK/French governments had spent a million billion zillion clams.

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
415 Posts
I wonder if Source East'ers who still pay a tenner can roam onto SL as they currently do?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Maybe :cool:

Given that most of the subsidy money is actually in the people costs on install rather than the assets themselves there's little tangible value left. HMG gives grants to all kinds of enterprise - some would argue it's Government's role to kickstart certain markets or industries to the point they become viable such that private enterprise takes over, because that's a valid pathway to growth in a country with an ageing and inceasing population.

But to a certain extent everyone in the UK is subsidising everybody else, and HMG is not in the habit of starting state-owned profit centres - regardless of flavour over the last 30 years.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
A £60/year subscription could make sense (and good value) for people based in london, but they do also need a lighter PAYG scheme for occasional visitors - I for example have driven into london about once in my leaf, but have charged, and would like to still be able to do the same. No way would I pay £60 for an odd trip.......

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wonder if Source East'ers who still pay a tenner can roam onto SL as they currently do?
I've emailed Source London to ask if this will still be the case or whether I should register for a last minute card for a tenner, but alas no reply as yet.

I guess they are busy clearing their desks this week.;)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Just got this...

Dear,

We are pleased to announce that Bluepointlondon now manages the network on behalf of Source London partners.

We will now be taking responsibility for the Source London contact centre. Our customer service agents are available at 0203 056 8989 to provide assistance if you have any problems using the scheme and to report any faults.

We have also developed a new website and mobile app which allow you to access Source London services on the go.

In order to access to your client area, you'll need to replace your password here: https://membership.sourcelondon.net/account/password/reset/

As a gesture of good will, we are offering you an automatic extension of your membership until December 31st 2014.

Yours sincerely,
Source London Customer Service

Goodwill, eh?! LOL.

Edit: their new website is also live now. Big improvement.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had this email back:

"Thank you for your enquiry dated 27th August 2014 regarding Source London roaming.

Having read your correspondence, I would like to take the opportunity to answer your questions.

Interoperability agreements are currently in place between Source London and Source East until 30th September 2014. There has not yet been any further confirmation of this interoperability for when IER take over the Source London scheme. However IER should make all members aware if there are any changes to the roaming agreement prior to 30th September."

1 - 20 of 42 Posts