Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Does anyone have a home charger installer to recommend covering the South Hampshire area please?
I would ideally need a GPRS/3G enabled charger as I can't get Wifi signal on the drive due to the foil in the wall insulation (new build).

In Addition, does anyone know if I can still apply for the OLEV/OZEV grant (£350) if I had used the OLEV grant over 3 years ago at my last place, on a different (lease) car? I now have bought my 2nd hand 2018 Kia Soul.

Charging on the garage 3 pin plug is getting a bit old.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I work for the Electric Vehicle Consumer Code for Home Chargepoints. We are a non for profit who run other codes and schemes too including the Chartered Trading Standards approved code RECC. EVCC raises standards for installers of home chargepoints and is there to protect consumers. Should you choose an EVCC member then they must comply with our standards which apply to sales, the contract, cancellation rights, after sales etc. We also have a dispute resolution service.

Our current members are listed on our website, www.electric-vehicle.org.uk. An EVCC member installer should provide you with certain protections and adhere to our standards. Would be a good place to start when looking for a reputable installer.

Re the OLEV grant, the criteria reads 'A customer is not permitted to claim for a grant if they have previously claimed against the scheme (or its predecessor, the Domestic Recharge Scheme) unless they own 2 eligible electric vehicles concurrently in which case a second chargepoint grant can be claimed.' More on this here Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme: guidance for manufacturers and installers.

Good luck with you chargepoint install.
Lorraine, EVCC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts