Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Last week I took the plunge and bought my first ev.
Picked up a 2015 Nissan Leaf 24kw, with around 35,000 miles on the clock.

Will be replacing the old trusty Hyundai Santa Fe diesel, as a family car.

Enjoying the Nissan Leaf, so far. Im sure it will do 90% of what we are use too.
Haven't quite worked out how the kayak/bikes/tow bar will fit just yet!
Managed to get the Nissan App's working too!
Only downside so far, the car is so quiet, you realise how loud the kids are!

thanks
james

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,624 Posts
Haven't quite worked out how the kayak/bikes/tow bar will fit just yet!
Thule do roofbars for the LEAF. A towbar is only allowed for bikes and is neither cheap nor up for significant weights of bikes if you have lots to carry. Tailgate options such as the Saris Bones work well but stop you accessing the boot when loaded.
Managed to get the Nissan App's working too!
That's an achievement!
Only downside so far, the car is so quiet, you realise how loud the kids are!
o_O

For me its the noise of the Wife stamping on the bulkhead when I'm just relying on the regen braking and not touching the brake pedal. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thule do roofbars for the LEAF. A towbar is only allowed for bikes and is neither cheap nor up for significant weights of bikes if you have lots to carry. Tailgate options such as the Saris Bones work well but stop you accessing the boot when loaded.

That's an achievement!

o_O

For me its the noise of the Wife stamping on the bulkhead when I'm just relying on the regen braking and not touching the brake pedal. :rolleyes:
They are so quiet compared to a petrol or diesel!

I have found these as a possible alternative to roof box to limit the affect of drag.

Hatch-Bag Car Roof Box Alternative

thanks

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+
85 Posts
Swapped to Octopus EV friendly this morning (y)

Charger research has started, being an electrician I will check what options are in the wholesaler's.

thanks
Great move, you won’t be disappointed, been with them for about 3 months 😁

Once you have joined and you are up and running, I would recommend Go Faster, this way you can choose when to have your cheaper charging rate.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great move, you won’t be disappointed, been with them for about 3 months 😁

Once you have joined and you are up and running, I would recommend Go Faster, this way you can choose when to have your cheaper charging rate.
I have been with bulb, without complaint. Flat rate of 16.9p per kWh, only switched on octopus as with the new ev, as you pointed out I can make use of off peak hours.

Fingers crossed for a smooth switch to Octopus!

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts