Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Can't make either day - sorry

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona EV
2,349 Posts
I could be up for it - but only if the jam goes on before the cream!

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro, 2021, 4+, Yacht Blue
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
As Bristol seems like a good place to have our meet up I have changed the title of the thread to include the Midlands and South Wales as Bristol is in reach of a lot more than the South West.

If anyone wants to use the meet up as a good excuse for your first long trip in your EV and you need help or advice then just ask here. I am sure you will get the help you need.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, the Ampera mob did a similar thing in Cheltenham a few years ago and had a fair number of cars turn up, the only problem I can see is finding a way to get cars parked together or at least nearby so we are not scattered all over. A good spot would be the car park area behind the Tesla store.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Anyone else got any idea where a good spot might be that is likely not to be full of cars so we can stick together?

I thought car park H might work...

Water resources Property Ecoregion Map Infrastructure

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Fantastic. I am unable to do anything before 10th June, so perhaps:

Saturday 11th June
Sat/Sun 25th/26th June

I favour 25th or 26th. It gives people more time to arrange things if they want to come.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
1,011 Posts
Fantastic. I am unable to do anything before 10th June, so perhaps:

Saturday 11th June
Sat/Sun 25th/26th June

I favour 25th or 26th. It gives people more time to arrange things if they want to come.
For information, the Tesla Owners Club is holding a jamboree on 25th June: Tesla Owners UK: Supercharged 2022. It could compete with your proposal for some people.

I'm NOT going to the TOC event (imagine a host of Tesla enthusiasts!), but I might come a more general EV meet up.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for that info. I agree, it may pull some away from our meet. But I wonder how many TOC members are also members of SpeakEV? Worth bearing in mind though as you say.

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS RWD
494 Posts
Thanks for that info. I agree, it may pull some away from our meet. But I wonder how many TOC members are also members of SpeakEV? Worth bearing in mind though as you say.
Pah! - who cares about Tesla owners? Showing up boasting about their range, and their efficiency, and their charging network! None of that is about what true EV ownership is about........;)

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I am in favour of 25th/26th June so let's make it that. I'll do a poll to see which one is going to be better for the majority.

As to exactly where at Cribbs Causeway it shall be... keep the ideas coming. I'll sort out the details nearer the time.

I am doing something over the next 3 weeks that might mean I cannot post much to the forum but that is not any indication of anything suspicious. Just that I'll drop in when I can and normal service will resume at the start of June. Please don't ask what it is... I'll have to shoot you ;) I may have more opportunity than I imagine to drop in so don't be surprised either way...

Keep posting... I'll answer when I can :)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts