Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip to Southend on Thursday and trying to find out what the local public charging facilities are? Looked on map and it's seems a little sparse. Thanks

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Where are you planning on driving from? I can see five 13A / 7kW chargers (all seem to be Chargemaster, but "free"):
* London Road (close to Sainsbury's)
* Warrior Square Car Park
* Seaway Car Park (closest to the front of all the chargers, but seems to be just about as far as it could be from the sea and still be in the car park)
* Hamlet Court Road Car Park (close to Tesco Express)
* Southend Hospital (looks like the charger may be in the multi-storey car park, 2 x 7kW only)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Failing the above you could charge at the moto services Essex it's only about 25 miles away

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Thanks Robert that was my original plan but i think both rapids at Thurrock are down?
Ecotricity tweeted this morning that Thurrock IKEA is back online, and also that Thurrock services has a DC/CCS charger now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Superb news my day in Southend just became easy. Its 51 miles from home so i will go straight there then home via Thurrock with a rapid charge

·
Registered
100 Posts
And Electric Highway have just announced there are now 2 rapids at Thurrock plus there's the rapid at Lakeside Ikea if you want to pick up some flat pack!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts