Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Anything over 40°C.

Sadly no easy way to tell in leaf as bars overlap. 7 bars or over can indicate 40°C or higher. Red bars are in 50s

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow tho those new cells balancing tho, it’s getting better the height is reducing to match the rest of the pack!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Wow tho those new cells balancing tho, it’s getting better the height is reducing to match the rest of the pack!
That's nice.

I drove a lot today. In fact the car dropped to VLBW. Going to fully charge it overnight to see what SoH it think it's at.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
LEAFSpy gives the four different readings, 44 is the danger point.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s my day tomorrow! Honestly I normally drive so slow thinking it’s better but driving it hard today is already increasing my SOH!

Just annoyed about letting my pack get so hot now!

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was 43 max, but I cannot remember if I let it charge a little more after that, I have a feeling I disconnected it.

Hopefully a single occurrence won’t bugger up me pack!

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed lots of mobile traps out today so careful tomorrow as it’s a nice day again.

Brighton cops must have earnt a good income today!

·
Registered
2017 Flame Red Leaf 30 Acenta
269 Posts
Been down on the beach. Managed to be more than 10yards from Leafy McLeaf Face for several hours. After 70 miles today SoH has dropped from 92.4 to 92.39. Gutted.

·
Registered
741 Posts
It was 43 max, but I cannot remember if I let it charge a little more after that, I have a feeling I disconnected it.

Hopefully a single occurrence won’t bugger up me pack!
I regularly had my temperature gauge completely full up to the point that charging and motor power were both restricted and still had a SOH in the low-mid 90's with all cells quite happy when I got rid of it.

I'm not saying its good or that I recommend it, but you shouldn't worry that your battery got a little too hot every now and then. The days that I would completely roast my battery pack interestingly gave me SOH figures of as high as 102% for a short while afterwards!

It's definitely not likely to give you lasting damage especially if it's a one-off. Worry more about not leaving it any significant amount of time with a very high or very low SOC. That's the big killer that I have seen and as long as you avoid that the 30kWh packs are typically a little more resilient that people first assume.

·
Registered
2017 Flame Red Leaf 30 Acenta
269 Posts
I'm impressed that at 52 I'm finally part of a Crew.

My temp bars have never been above 6. Must try harder

·
Registered
67:30 Black
39 Posts
You lot have got me thinking now. I got up to 7 bars last Sunday after a rapid and hooning it back home around the m25 and down the m3. But they weren't red so I guess I shouldn't worry.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts