Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the leaf space saver tyre size and alignment on a Tekna 30kw and new Tekna 40kw are the same?

I have a 125/80/17 space saver that I bought for my 30kw and while checking is it ok for my 40kw I realized I bought the one that says it is for 2017 to 2020 models which is a little bizzarre as the design changed and if it worked on a 2017 why would it not be ok for 2016.

So it a double question as my Dad owns the 30kw and I bough him a spare and I have the 40kw and the same spare, are we lucky and they work on both, or does one of us have to change?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
So it a double question as my Dad owns the 30kw and I bough him a spare and I have the 40kw and the same spare, are we lucky and they work on both, or does one of us have to change?

Thanks.
Not sure either of you are "lucky" but the so-called 'spacesaver' tyres are so far away from the spec of proper tyres that it really doesn't matter what size tyre you can find as long as the holes in the wheel match up with the car's wheel studs (and both cars described would have same stud arrangement).

Reactions: jpower

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does anyone know if the leaf space saver tyre size and alignment on a Tekna 30kw and new Tekna 40kw are the same?

I have a 125/80/17 space saver that I bought for my 30kw and while checking is it ok for my 40kw I realized I bought the one that says it is for 2017 to 2020 models which is a little bizzarre as the design changed and if it worked on a 2017 why would it not be ok for 2016.

Thanks.
The same specification and nut spacing wheels have been employed on all ages. Space saver the same for all cars. Accenta range uses a 16" wheel main road wheels.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Excellent news, means I can recycle :D and fingers crosses I never need to use it.
If you do ever have to use it, you'll need to think about how you're going to carry the proper one you've just taken off. All very well 'saving space' when you're driving normally but once you've fitted the 'ss' you've got something twice the size (and filthy dirty) to worry about (along with feeling the car crab all over the road, taking ages to get anywhere at 50 mph (if you're very brave; 30mph is probably safer for paid up cowards) and hoping to get somewhere within next 50 miles. That will be when you need the luck !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.