Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do we need to use the public charging networks there? I have been trying to register with Iberdrola, hopefully step daughter's Spanish bf can help with this later, but who else do I need to register with, are there any that don't require pre-registering and what else do I need to know? We are about to go to Santander by ferry then cross Spain eventually arriving in Malaga. Any help/hints would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
17,338 Posts
Firstly, get an Electromaps dongle ordered and delivered to your daughter's bf:

Very useful for accessing a lot of the free public chargers.

Ionity has a couple of chargers now. They just need a credit card to use.

You can get an IBIL card at Repsol petrol stations. I haven't used these in a while, but apparently the app also works(!)

Also a number of Parador hotels have destination chargers, which are great for an overnight stay.

Don't forget Tesla destination chargers if you get a bit stuck.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for this, v helpful. Now on board the ferry departing Plymouth as I type 😃

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Charged for the first time yesterday at a Repsol services on the A-1 near Vitoria-Gasteiz. Used the app which worked fine, one of the service station staff seemed to be saying the IBIL RFID cards were no longer available (my Spanish is virtually non existent) and on the charger it said that Repsol had taken over from IBIL. We charged from 30% to 80%, it started at 70kW, but was down to 30kW by the end. There are several chargers but they are all on the same side of the A-1, i.e. the carriageway traveling South, though if you are going the opposite way there are junctions nearby that allow you to double back to the service station then get back on to your route fairly quickly: Lopidana

1 - 5 of 5 Posts