Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - received a piece of spam (on 10th July) that used the 'SpeakEV' logo and had a '[email protected]' email address.
It was obviously junk / scam as the text was:
"Hi, I'm Zoe! I'm very bored alone. Text me, maybe we could be friends. If you know what i mean :D Add me here --> hookup-girl.com/member/roxy95 <- my nickname is Roxy95..."

1) Seem someone has hacked this site and gained access to contributors email addresses.
2) Would suggest you change your password for this site and the associated email address.

Regards - Andrew

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
526 Posts
It's possible that a spammer is tracking your emails and threading from there. That is the source may not be this site. Certainly I've seen no spam from this site - yet.

My guideline is that if your email deals with spam effectively by isolating it, and can be trained by you to improve its accuracy then it's not anything to worry particularly about..

Of course I could be wrong...

·
Registered
Audi E-Tron - Launch Edition
39 Posts
In all likelihood it’s more likely to be phishing through “spoofed” emails rather than anyone having access to send emails directly from the server used by SpeakEV.

I haven’t personally received an email (even in junk folders) matching your description which would imply the site hasn’t been breached, if it had they would likely have stolen the email details of all the users and put them on a spam email list.

Though having unique passwords and/or changing them often is always good for added security.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got one this morning from Princess Peaches and its definitely using the forum messaging service.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I got the same PM notification by email too. It came from IP add : 192.254.119.98 which decodes to the SendGrid Organization in Kansas and looked to be in exactly the same format and from same org as a genuine PM I had a couple of months ago (but with a different IPA). However, it's not visible in 'my conversations'

At a guess,'Wakemeups' joined recently, sent out some PMs but an admin noticed and has cancelled her membership.

The only thing I don't understand is why she didn't tell me what sort of EV she's running ?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Have had the same spam e-mail, said to be from icequeens. The e-mail appears to be using the forum messaging service as I (foolhardedly) used the link from the e-mail to SpeakEV and it brought me here - would a moderator like me to forward the e-mail to them so they can track it back to its source?

·
Registered
746 Posts
I've also received said email. It is definitely coming from the speakev.com domain (or it has been spoofed in some clever way). See image
spkev.png

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
The evidence from the posts so far indicates that it's not hacking or spoofing, but simply that someone has signed up to the forum and just sent some messages. The email you are getting is from the forum telling you that you have a message.

If the user is no longer on here, then it would seem that Admin is on the case and has deleted them.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
If the user is no longer on here, then it would seem that Admin is on the case and has deleted them.
Agree.

Indeed, my 'correspondent' doesn't seem findable from a members search.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,663 Posts
Mine was called Alice. :eek:

Reactions: Mo1

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,359 Posts
At least it's a refreshing change from fake Chinese degree spammers. :sneaky:
Unless it is fake Chinese degree spammers! :eek:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
928 Posts
Howdy, I'm Rachel! I am very bored alone. Text me, maybe we could be friends, if you know what i mean :D Find me here ->

Rachel Luv, ya barking up the wrong tree

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
928 Posts
“We could be friends if you know what I mean”

what does she want to come to my house and watch murder she wrote and are you being served with me?

i fear she may be disappointed with my idea of fun

·
Registered
419 Posts
Does she like watching women's Sunday football I wonder? My girlfriend doesn't.. :)

edit: I also got a PM from that disturbed spammer the other night. Deleted without reading, of course.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts