Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas?

My e2008 had it annual check and a service upgrade last week - no drama. Today, went to use the spare/second key, but it would not remotely unlock the car. So my partner used my key for her planned trip.
It's GTLine spec with keyless go.
Replacing the key battery made no difference. However, a little experimenting reveals while the spare key will not lock/unlock the car, its proximity will allow the car to start and drive.

Dealership is closed for the weekend, so will call them Monday, unless anyone else has any ideas....

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,164 Posts
Any ideas?

My e2008 had it annual check and a service upgrade last week - no drama. Today, went to use the spare/second key, but it would not remotely unlock the car. So my partner used my key for her planned trip.
It's GTLine spec with keyless go.
Replacing the key battery made no difference. However, a little experimenting reveals while the spare key will not lock/unlock the car, its proximity will allow the car to start and drive.

Dealership is closed for the weekend, so will call them Monday, unless anyone else has any ideas....
Doesn't the key have a hidden physical key inside it to manually unlock the door?

This from the Corsa-e:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it does - it's effectively the same key type. (I had a Corsa-e as a courtesy car last week, and was struck by how many components are shared) No problem doing that, if need be - was wondering if anyone knows a hack to reactivate the remote lock/unlock function.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,740 Posts
I'd assume the codes have got out of sync so that using the iffy key to lock the car after you've used it to start it should make it work. If not then moan at the dealer as a software update shouldn't stop an existing programmed key working.

Also worth trying to unlock the boot with it and then seeing if it's ok. For some reason the keyless is a bit stupid on these cars anyway and quite often unlocking the boot seems to reset whatever is wrong.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd assume the codes have got out of sync so that using the iffy key to lock the car after you've used it to start it should make it work. If not then moan at the dealer as a software update shouldn't stop an existing programmed key working.

Also worth trying to unlock the boot with it and then seeing if it's ok. For some reason the keyless is a bit stupid on these cars anyway and quite often unlocking the boot seems to reset whatever is wrong.
Thanks - tried that, no joy. The third button on my key switches the lights on - but the second key won't do that either, nor will it re-lock the opened car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you give the dealer both keys when you had the ECU upgrades? They normally ask that you bring both keys as they both need resynching. It shouldn't take your dealer more than a couple of minutes to resynch the second key.
Did you give the dealer both keys when you had the ECU upgrades? They normally ask that you bring both keys as they both need resynching. It shouldn't take your dealer more than a couple of minutes to resynch the second key.
No, I didn't think to - and they didn't ask. Thankfully, they're not far away (and trying to win the right to sell Peugeots having won the servicing rights - so they're very eager to please right now)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts