Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e SE Nav
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Car or order, I've always carried a spare being old school but notice this time I get a 12v pump and some gunk that moat of the time won't work.

Do any of you carry a spare, doing some digging it looks like most PSA 4 nut wheels have the same pattern and diameter so getting something that fits should t be difficult??

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
271 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the Corsa-e family :)
Indeed one of the first things I bought for my Corsa-e was a space saver.
Basically you are correct that the wheels used in the Corsa-e are similar to other PSA products and therefore you could get a space saver from some of the other models.
You can get all the info from my previous posts:

I even had the (unfortunate?) chance to use it, but as the puncture was close to home, I used my trusty 2-ton hydraulic jack instead of the 1.5 ton scissors jack I got with the kit.

As you can see in my previous posts, the 16" space saver fits nicely in the boot laying flat.

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e SE Nav
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, and welcome to the Corsa-e family :)
Indeed one of the first things I bought for my Corsa-e was a space saver.
Basically you are correct that the wheels used in the Corsa-e are similar to other PSA products and therefore you could get a space saver from some of the other models.
You can get all the info from my previous posts:

I even had the (unfortunate?) chance to use it, but as the puncture was close to home, I used my trusty 2-ton hydraulic jack instead of the 1.5 ton scissors jack I got with the kit.

View attachment 149021

View attachment 149022

As you can see in my previous posts, the 16" space saver fits nicely in the boot laying flat.
Thank you, would a 15 inch work ok?
Cheers

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
271 Posts
Thank you, would a 15 inch work ok?
Cheers
I would think so... yes.
As it's temporary anyways, I think it would be OK, not much of a difference.
At the time of ordering I wasn't sure if I should go with 15" or 16", but as some Corsa-e models have 16" as standard (mine is on 17" alloys), I wanted to be on the safe side.

My only worry would be if the 15" could hold the Corsa-e's heavy weight. The 16" space saver handled it quite well, as you can see in the pics, the tyre didn't crush under the weight (at least as tested in the rear of the vehicle, maybe the front end is heavier).

I think the difference in boot space would be somewhat insignificant.
But it's up to you... I decided to go on the safe side.

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
271 Posts
Hi, jiffy176
the 15 `` would probably not be O.K. because of the collision with brake disc. They are bigger in front wheels then in standard corsas because of higher weight - bateries.
I checked it in mine corsa-e.
Get 16 inch.
Cheers
Good to know, I haven't thought of that...

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e SE Nav
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, jiffy176
the 15 `` would probably not be O.K. because of the collision with brake disc. They are bigger in front wheels then in standard corsas because of higher weight - bateries.
I checked it in mine corsa-e.
Get 16 inch.
Cheers
Thanks, better try and cancel the 15 inch I just ordered off the bay then!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts