Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thanks very much for the picture. Is that a full size alloy wheel? I was told by my Kia dealer after referring to Kia that the full size wheel would not fit. Does it mean a suitable full size steel wheel will fit?
It's just the tyre, full size same as those already on the car but as you can see it looks like it would fit much the same if it was the wheel, there is room to spare. I don't think the hubs would stick out much more?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Hmm, interesting video, complete pain the butt to remove all that to get the wheel out, it doesn't get around the main issue which seems to be the use of a scissor jack for lifting the sill and the charging leads are now in the sideboard in the lounge ??

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hmm, interesting video, complete pain the butt to remove all that to get the wheel out, it doesn't get around the main issue which seems to be the use of a scissor jack for lifting the sill and the charging leads are now in the sideboard in the lounge ??
I agree with your comments about the scissor jack, but I think it is worthwhile seeking to carry a spare so that the RAC or other rescue organisation can change the wheel without the assistance of a tyre company. I do not think there is a problem with the charging leads. There seems to still be plenty of room in the centre of the spare wheel.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
278 Posts
I reckon the scissor jack could still be used (providing it is a good strong one) but definitely not on the sills as is typical. We would have to carefully locate the jack onto the designated lifting points underneath. Maybe to make it easier we could paint the lifting points white or yellow paint so as to enable easier jack locating in poor light conditions.

Peter

21 - 25 of 25 Posts