Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delighted to announce that later this week I'll be attending the Nissan e-NV200 event to see and drive the new Nissan electric van (and it's variants).

This is the first event I've been invited to as "Speak EV" so many thanks to Nissan UK for this opportunity. To BMW, Tesla, Renault and the rest... You know what to do. ;) :D

I'll be there late this week, I know others have already blazed that trail for us with first drives and reviews (mainstream media, some EV folk) so I''d thought I'd see if anyone here has any questions or concerned they'd like me to try and raise while at the event.

I can't guarantee I'll cover everything, but I'll do my best. So any questions, specific photographs you'd like taken, anything. Fire away...

Also, has anyone seen my laptop backpack, I've looked everywhere... o_O

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
It would be good if Nissan can clarify if there is any liquid cooling of the battery pack as there seems to be conflicting information regarding this. It would also be good to know the average range achieved by the 50 e-NV200's British Gas tested over the winter.

·
Super Moderator
7,460 Posts
Congrats Paul, hope you really enjoy it :)

Do you have far to travel?

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Put your hand up and ask when they are going to release a fuel cell version, as that's clearly the future.

I'll get my coat.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be good if Nissan can clarify if there is any liquid cooling of the battery pack as there seems to be conflicting information regarding this. It would also be good to know the average range achieved by the 50 e-NV200's British Gas tested over the winter.
Will do my best to find out.

Congrats Paul, hope you really enjoy it :)

Do you have far to travel?
Under my own steam (LEAF) only to Luton.

But then on to Barcelona (and the England football match is on that day, talk about poor timing! ;))

Can you ask when they'll add SuperCharging capability?
Erm...

Put your hand up and ask when they are going to release a fuel cell version, as that's clearly the future.

I'll get my coat.
Are you guys trying to make this my first and last?! :p :D

·
Super Moderator
7,460 Posts
The Supercharging question might seem facetious, but something along the lines of what charging levels will they support in future, do they plan on getting over 100kw etc would be good to know. I think we can all be confident that swapping is DOA, so focus has to be on truly rapid charging over the next few years.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll certainly see if there's anyone there I can probe on that side of things. It's been about five years since I attended a media event type thing, feeling rusty already and not even got there. :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi Paul. I am a soon to be Leaf owner as of Thursday this week so just venturing out into the world of EV. Could you ask if they will be doing a 5-7 day test drive program. Would really like to consider the new van for our florist shop but would need a protracted test drive to see if it could be fit for purpose. Thanks Phil

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Any plans for a larger version ? I think the nv200 is a smallish van....
Also, range when fully loaded?
If they do one with a 4.5m load length, I could certainly be tempted for work, as it would be less of a problem if it sat for a couple of weeks doing nothing.
Again, usual rapid charging stuff, as a van they need a more comprehensive and 24/7 network of rapids for me to drop into! ;)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Will they offer a larger battery capacity if customers feel they need more range in future models?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well done. My question is as above, I would love to rent one for a week to see if it works for us.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Hi Paul. I am a soon to be Leaf owner as of Thursday this week so just venturing out into the world of EV. Could you ask if they will be doing a 5-7 day test drive program. Would really like to consider the new van for our florist shop but would need a protracted test drive to see if it could be fit for purpose. Thanks Phil
Lots of articles on florists using EVs and loving them

·
Super Moderator
7,460 Posts
Looks big in your pics, feel much bigger when you're in the drivers seat?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts