Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
11,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Speak EV is currently sponsored by:

Past sponsor (due to event passing) and honourable mention to:

Thank you to all our sponsors and supporters for keeping this place ticking. Remember folks, if you're looking for an EV, an EV show or some goodies for your EV and you can find them with these folks, support our sponsors generously and often. ;) :D

If you'd like to plug in to the EV community here at Speak EV and earn your organisation an immeasurable amount of kudos and respect (not to mention sales, we hope) then please get in touch for a media pack and rate card. You can get in touch via "conversations", email or using the contact form.

I'd also just like to reassure and reiterate that, as was always intended to be the case, sponsors of Speak EV do not hold sway over content, posts and moderation on the forums. However, I do hope those who do decide to support the community will gain favour with you all purely on the basis they're doing just that – supporting all of us who use, run, maintain, help out and otherwise indulge in life at Speak EV.

We've set a limit of 20 sponsors at any one time, unfilled inventory will default back to Adsense Advertising.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
1,304 Posts
Happy they are here and happy to support them. I bought my Type 2 to Type 1 cable from them just before Christmas in their promotion and have been delighted with it. It remains the best value available and I have no hesitation in telling anyone about them. I even mentioned them to our sales exec (Eva) at our local Nissan dealership when we test drove a LEAF for my wife last month. She was aware that the dealer price for the Nissan one was expensive so I highlighted the price of one from Nu-World so she could let any of her customers know.

Derek

·
Registered
811 Posts
Happy to support NuWorld as well. I've just received a charging cable from them and it was great to be able to speak to people dealing with the order when you call, you don't get that with a large company.

The only reason I'm not using them for my chargepoint installation is that they don't install this far north.

·
Administrator
11,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's now also an option for individuals who wish to "give something back" as it were, as some people have very generously requested in the past.

Anyone can become a "Speak EV Supporter" for a year at a time for the princely sum of £6 – you even get a lovely bit of text under your name to tell the world you're a good egg.

If you're interested, you can upgrade here: https://speakev.com/account/upgrades PayPal required.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Do we get a fancy banner for most miles covered by SpeakEV stickers advertised free of charge:D

·
Administrator
11,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Welcome to our latest sponsors!

Phoenix Works and the EVolution Show.

:D

Huge thanks and a big "hello" to @Thomas_Newby (The Phoenix Works), @Alexander Sims (EVolution Show) and company for your backing.

I hope to have some positive news to share soon thanks to the support of our "early adopter" sponsors with regards the future of Speak EV that will help us be a little big greener in the future (and I don't mean a colourful rebrand).

Also folks, please consider supporting Speak EV sponsors with your hard earned pennies, they're making this all possible in the long run. :D

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,064 Posts
Only comments I have about the banner advertising, could be my pc/connection in the sticks though, the banner seems to be slow to load. I go to click on the heading for the first post in 'New Posts' and by the time the banner has finished loading it takes the click to have been on 'New Profile Posts' and that page loads instead. Also when I click on the banner it opens up in the same browser window, would it not be better to open in a fresh window?

·
Administrator
11,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also when I click on the banner it opens up in the same browser window, would it not be better to open in a fresh window?
Generally with outside links it's better to give users that control, for a new window alt-click, right-click etc so you can select if you wish. I don't like taking over people's browsers, and many people don't like it. :)

In terms of the speed, it's served using Google's servers so should be quick enough, I don't see any delay here on our 4-ish meg connection or on 3G out and about. I can see if there's further optimisation I can work in though. They're big images too, compared to most content on here which I try to keep down for speed.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Generally with outside links it's better to give users that control, for a new window alt-click, right-click etc so you can select if you wish. I don't like taking over people's browsers, and many people don't like it. :)
God bless you!!! :-D

Now can we tell the rest of the web that this is how it should be done. :-D

·
Administrator
11,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So am I correct in thinking that at the moment the commercial/Banner ad sponsors of the site are ZCW, The Phoenix Works and Nuworld Energy?

Any others?
At the moment that's it, but always more welcome!

I intend to add a sponsor directory or listing somehow for those with Ad Block and who'd just like to know who's paying to sponsor the site at a glance.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I'm currently speaking with Phoenix - they're in the frame to get some of my £.
And @nuWorld Energy already have a piece of me with their very fine charging cables :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts