Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an e-niro on order since April and have been advised that delivery is likely to be March 2020. I have also been told by the dealer that the car I will receive will have an updated specification that includes:
New 10.25" Navigation System with Telematics,
Mobile UVO charging system,
New Dashboard and Supervision Cluster
New LED Headlights.

The change to LED headlights is the best bit for me as not having them was the one thing I really didn't like.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yea this was posted a while back, although official confirmation of it will be in october. I imagine it the upgrades will be inline with what you saw in this video at the geneva car show earlier in the year of the regular niro : ( i dont know if this is in the current (ice) niro or next years?)

Can see the 10" touch screen at 4min25

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
I can see PICG at least dropping again. Maybe to £2500 before going completely in 2021?

·
Registered
134 Posts
just dont get it dropping the grant if they want people to change removing the grant will get them to buy Petrol/Diesel cars until they have no choice.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The transport secretary drives a Model 3, thats pretty interesting.

Here he is on Twitter:
Finally taken delivery of electric car exactly 2yrs after ordering! Amazing to drive & just £7.20 to fill 'tank'. Well worth the wait! I'm convinced Road to 0 carbon requires UK to expand on 20k public charging points giving drivers confidence to switch. The future is electric
From the linked article:

"If you are out there reading this, thinking of buying an electric car, buy it while the subsidy’s there, because it will go eventually.”

My reading of what he's saying is what we all knew already, the grant is obviously going to go eventually. But he's not saying when. On the plus side, I guess he's encouraging people to buy now rather than hang around. (Doesn't help those of us on waiting lists though, obv)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did they ask you to pay an updated price or included the spec upgrade in your original reserve price?
No mention of any price increase I assume they will save that "surprise" for later.
My order conformation is the price as at April for the existing First edition although they did talk about possible display upgrades but implied that Kia never increase prices by more than £200 at a time! No I didn't believe that lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Upgrade to edition 2 £1700.00 will not be held to price of first,afraid you will get letter to give you option of refusing new model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Upgrade to edition 2 £1700.00 will not be held to price of first,afraid you will get letter to give you option of refusing new model.
I accept paying more where the specification has improved so this will not be a deal breaker.
I've been seriosly looking at a Tesla 3 as the availability is better however coincidently they increased the price last weekend by roughly the same amount for no extra benefit. I am no longer looking at Tesla 3.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I accept paying more where the specification has improved so this will not be a deal breaker.
I've been seriosly looking at a Tesla 3 as the availability is better however coincidently they increased the price last weekend by roughly the same amount for no extra benefit. I am no longer looking at Tesla 3.
we looked hard at a Tesla 3 too, after all that’s probably the car that attracted a lot of us to electric in the first place. It’s still the dream ! although not that far off the niro upfront, it just works out significantly more expensive in the longer run. Factor in, luxury car tax and higher service cost that’s an extra 600ish a year. then add the reliability / build quality concerns, Kia’s 7 year warranty , Tesla. being somewhat volatile in the market, prices of thier cars will fluctuate more, Their future is always going to be in question, we know there will be a cheaper model 3 coming eventually, that all means is much harder to predict how much your car will be worth in 4 or 5 years. Could be significantly higher depreciation .... or could be a highly desirable used car.

·
Registered
185 Posts
....... then add the reliability / build quality concerns, Kia’s 7 year......
Kia's warranty is actually a variable term warranty, some parts of the vehicle are not included for the 7 years, but others eg anti-perforation is for 12 years. The battery, for cars shipped later than 1st Aug 2019 allows degradation to fall below 65% (rather than the 70% previous to that date) before it will be replaced/repaired. They will only bring the battery SOH level back up to 65% (or 70% is shipped before 1st August).
Full warrenty details are here:-

·
Registered
33 Posts
100 miles of range down in 7 years, let’s hope the batteries are better than that.
Cost of replacing should get cheaper in that time and the battery materials may be a different composition, they’re working on new types all the time,
Even losing 100 miles in range still puts it above the range the older leafs started at.
Food for thought.

·
Registered
37 Posts
100 miles of range down in 7 years, let’s hope the batteries are better than that.
Cost of replacing should get cheaper in that time and the battery materials may be a different composition, they’re working on new types all the time,
Even losing 100 miles in range still puts it above the range the older leafs started at.
Food for thought.
yea abosulutely, will probbaly be using hydrogen fuel cells as the norm in 7 years, but my comment was not particularly about the battery, I was looking at cost and just warranty in general (even with the small print), adding value to a car when it comes to selling.

·
Registered
405 Posts
yea this was posted a while back, although official confirmation of it will be in october. I imagine it the upgrades will be inline with what you saw in this video at the geneva car show earlier in the year of the regular niro : ( i dont know if this is in the current (ice) niro or next years?)

Can see the 10" touch screen at 4min25
Who told you October? Kia are saying early 2020 because until then they are still delivering first editions

·
Registered
37 Posts
Who told you October? Kia are saying early 2020 because until then they are still delivering first editions
My Local kia dealer, basically said 'these are the upgrades, but Kia won't officially confirm until october'. although I don't see why confirmation of a spec update matters with regards to first edition deliveries (?) they will continue well into next year.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think it would be much fairer on consumers if the PICG was locked in when an order is officially booked, with a deposit of at least, say, £500 and a delivery date and final price is set. The consumer/buyer would then have much less uncertainty over the final price. The dealer or manufacturer would also be committed to the delivery date and final price.

So lets say I placed an order today and slapped down £500. In X weeks time, the dealer says they're ready to actually build the car, at which point I have to choose any final options, dealer produces standard contract with the completion price, I sign a formal contract to buy, dealer is then committed, OLEV grant is released so I can get charge point installed, and PICG is booked so it can be paid on the day the dealer receives the car?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Has anyone been disappointed if px a Kia for the e niro,as seem dealers giving low valuations to buy a ev,as seem higher if you are buying a fossil car?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts