Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my extended test drive coming up next week and if all goes well I will be making a purchase.

It seems that Pentagon have the best advertised deal (?)

Has anyone got additional discounts, perhaps on paint colours choice etc?

If anyone has any pointers, I'm all for saving a couple of extra quid if possible.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,204 Posts
Hi there, hope you enjoy your test drive.

I bought my Ampera from Pentagon about 5 weeks ago. Only additional discount seems to have been obtained by member Richard Gledhill who got a slightly better deal out of Drive in Leicester (which included metallic paint).

Otherwise, Pentagon is the best advertised deal in the country afaik.

Derek

Reactions: Richard Gledhill

·
Registered
475 Posts
Not an Ampera but I had a cracking good deal on my PiP from the online 'Drive the Deal'.

Well worth trying.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I got mine from pentagon just under 2 weeks ago. There is now a Scottish dealer offering the positiv from a touch under £21000, can't remember the name, but they were advertising on twitter over the weekend. That's another £2000 off !!!

·
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,204 Posts
I got mine from pentagon just under 2 weeks ago. There is now a Scottish dealer offering the positiv from a touch under £21000, can't remember the name, but they were advertising on twitter over the weekend. That's another £2000 off !!!
What!!!! I'll need to find that one. Neither of the 2 dealers up here could get close to the Pentagon deal at the time I ordered mine.

Any idea if it was Arnold Clark or Peter Vardy?

Derek

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I would make the drive too for that level of discount. Just need to appraise the car in the 3 day test drive (Thursday - Monday this week for me)

·
1,204 Posts
That's the one ! I would happily drive to Scotland to save 2 grand :)
Yeah, that was my reasoning at the time I bought mine, although in reverse. I happily drove from Glasgow to Sheffield to save £2,000 as the best any dealer up here could offer at the time was £24,995 and that was a struggle.

I would have been delighted to drive North to save a further £2,000 and am only disappointed I had not waited......

Hey ho, deals change all the time.

Deanobeano, I hope you enjoy your extended test drive as it is already a brilliant car. This price point just makes it even better.

Derek

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Mine came from Pentagon too (and I drove from South London to get that price).

They also seemed far more interested than the London-based Ampera dealers in actually selling me one.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I have to hand it to the guys at Pentagon, ( I think its a Yorkshire thing), they just want to sell cars, rather than mess around trying to screw a few pennies out of you !
My last 3 cars have come from Huddersfield, Chesterfield, and now Sheffield. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts