Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been driving the M62 and the little alert sound that plays when you’re approaching a speed camera has suddenly become annoyingly loud. Is there a setting for this I can adjust somewhere? What’s made it louder? It’s basically intolerable.

·
Registered
2022 Peugeot e208
2 Posts
Just been driving the M62 and the little alert sound that plays when you’re approaching a speed camera has suddenly become annoyingly loud. Is there a setting for this I can adjust somewhere? What’s made it louder? It’s basically intolerable.
I noticed yesterday that after turning my navigation volume down my speed camera warnings seemed to be quieter.
Might be a coincidence and I'm imagining it but have you changed the navigation volume recently?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed yesterday that after turning my navigation volume down my speed camera warnings seemed to be quieter.
Might be a coincidence and I'm imagining it but have you changed the navigation volume recently?
I don’t have any navigation voice or volume on. I’ve been through as many settings as I can find and nothing seems to help.

·
Registered
2022 Peugeot e208
2 Posts
I don’t have any navigation voice or volume on. I’ve been through as many settings as I can find and nothing seems to help.
Do you think it might be one of those noises where you have to turn it down as the noise is playing like you do with the navigation. I know that sounds like a bit of a difficult thing to do but that's my only other thought.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's the navigation volume. I also had the camera warnings really loud some weeks ago. Then tried turning the volume down a bit while the navigation lady told her stuff. Then the alerts seemed a bit lower also, but please someone else confirm as my camera warnings has not been working lately since the connected services in the car is crap and works as often as the apps connection to the car works. Seems related.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
It’s either the nav volume (which you can only change as commands are playing which is insanely hard when you dropped the volume to zero)

or there is a 3 step warning tone setting in the car settings

JJ

·
Premium Member
6,756 Posts
I expect it's a new government requirement that's been sneaked in.

If you ignore the speed alerts, the volume is increased each time and lasts for longer. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts