Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EV
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The council have just changed the speed limit on a road I use regularly, but he Speed Limit Information Function on my 2020 Soul ignores the new limit.
I thought that a camera in the windscreen updated the display, rather than relying on very out of date sat-nav data.

·
Registered
All-New Soul EV 'First Edition'
93 Posts
I think the speed limits are baked into the maps which only get updated annually.

I'd hoped there would be camera detection like my previous 3 cars. Actually is there a front camera or just a radar?

I use Android Auto where the maps are continuously updated and these show accurate speed limits (but not on the heads up).

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,954 Posts
Sat Nav speed limits are wrong sufficiently often to be pointless
I use Android Auto where the maps are continuously updated and these show accurate speed limits
There still seem to be a number of errors, although I agree that they pick up roadworks better.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EV
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd hoped there would be camera detection like my previous 3 cars. Actually is there a front camera or just a radar?
It looks like there is a camera, I think that is how the LKA or something like that works?

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
492 Posts
There was some discussion on this previously. Some Kia’s have speed limit warning, which seems to come from the maps. The latest models have Intelligent Speed Limit Warning, that uses the camera to identify the signs.

the SLW as fitted to the Niro is slightly useful but only slightly.

if the car has lane keep assist and the smart cruise functions,the camera is used for this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts