Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech v2.1
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the reduced speed limits where I live are introduced with 3-2-1 countdown markers, and the car detects them all as the speed limit itself so it slows right down from the first. This is really annoying in traffic. Is this pattern unusual in the UK, and has anyone raised it with VW as a problem?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am only aware of one of those countdown set ups near me, but that is on the edge of a village where the 30 limit starts immediately after a bend. Seems OTT to do it as you describe and I don’t think it is the norm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All the reduced speed limits where I live are introduced with 3-2-1 countdown markers, and the car detects them all as the speed limit itself so it slows right down from the first. This is really annoying in traffic. Is this pattern unusual in the UK, and has anyone raised it with VW as a problem?
Yes, it's annoying. A number of places where I regularly drive have the countdown markers and my car always responds to the first. What's also annoying is the 20mph speed limit when the lights are flashing, usually near a school. The car doesn't realise that it's conditional and always slows down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts