Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'll have a 600 mile round trip to collect my car, later this month, I'm meanwhile picking members' brains in order to familiarise myself with certain aspects of its gadgets. Precisely where, for example, is the speed limiter button and how does it work - possibly quite differently to my current Zoe I suspect. For me, this particular feature and its functionionality are t h e most important ones in any vehicle.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,507 Posts
Thanks for this. I'll browse through it.
By the way, I’m getting an e208 in a few weeks but haven’t yet...otherwise I’d be able to just tell you !

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How kind of you to respond anyway, thanks for doing so. It seems we're both in much the same situation.

Btw folks: does anyone know if the blind spot door mirror feature on the GT model is also included on the Allure version of this car - or not?

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
758 Posts
Also, memorise the position of the buttons! The stalk is cunningly-positioned so that you can't see it while you're driving, no matter what you do with your neck!

Reactions: 208's Plenty

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Also, memorise the position of the buttons! The stalk is cunningly-positioned so that you can't see it while you're driving, no matter what you do with your neck!
and so that should be the case :)

JJ

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you. I've just been watching a short video of how the speed limiter works. It's especially important for me to know because I'll need to familiarise myself with its intracasies immediately prior to a homewards journey from the dealer of nearly 300 miles. I have to say that first impressions are that after the Zoe's simple controls, those on the e208 look overly complicated and fiddly; the positioning of that stalk behind the steering wheel strikes me as operational stupidity on stilts, all the more reason for me to get to grips with the wretched thing before setting off on the long trek mentioned. I can't afford to be in anything less than full command of the feature in the described circumstances I face...

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
758 Posts
Like anything, unfamiliarity is a pain at first, but you get used to things quickly. Pause button is on the end of the stalk.

I miss the auto-hold of the Zoe, and it's a pain that the gear select doesn't 'stick' in B, but everything else is pretty user freindly. Don't bother with P or handbrake when you stop - just press the off switch.

Enjoy the rapid charging, if you can find one. Though tbh, even on a 50kW charger, you'll be faster than the Zoe.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh... that's very worrying news indeed, quite alarming actually. Surely the dealer can fix under warranty?

Btw., any rattles, squeaks, groans or creaks in the cabin? Hoe about the iffy brakes scenario I've heard so much about? What sort of range are you getting in what type of driving habits and are you using Eco mode much?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just because I can't work it, doesn't mean there is a fault, more likely operator malfunction.

I already mentioned how quiet the car is and that there is an occasional rattle, not an issue.

My winter range ended up at 3.9 miles per kWh, overall since June 20, is 4.7 miles per kWh. In simple terms about 110 miles per top up, or two home charges a week, summer was over 200 miles per top up and a single charge per week.

City driving. Plus a 20 mile trip to work at weekends, dual carriageway and country lanes. Normal Mode and the occasional Eco. Sport on the odd occasion if I want to play.

I appreciate your questions and sense your anxiety/anticipation. I've owned many large cars, performance cars, SUV's and I can honestly say that this little Pug does the job and does it well.

If I have a criticism, it's not the car, it's the App, I've given up on it being really useful (I still use it), plus it is improving.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for putting up with me.

Being a card-carrying technophobe I don't bother with car apps either.

I'm going to have a row with the dealer later today because they had estimated handover three days ago - the car's an ex demo on their premises for Pete's sake. The mudflaps are being delayed, I suspect aftermath Brexit probs are the route of getting hold of the beast.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just because I can't work it, doesn't mean there is a fault, more likely operator malfunction.

I already mentioned how quiet the car is and that there is an occasional rattle, not an issue.

My winter range ended up at 3.9 miles per kWh, overall since June 20, is 4.7 miles per kWh. In simple terms about 110 miles per top up, or two home charges a week, summer was over 200 miles per top up and a single charge per week.

City driving. Plus a 20 mile trip to work at weekends, dual carriageway and country lanes. Normal Mode and the occasional Eco. Sport on the odd occasion if I want to play.

I appreciate your questions and sense your anxiety/anticipation. I've owned many large cars, performance cars, SUV's and I can honestly say that this little Pug does the job and does it well.

If I have a criticism, it's not the car, it's the App, I've given up on it being really useful (I still use it), plus it is improving.
[/QUOTE

On question of the car's quietness, what none of the testers remark upon is the fact, I notice in vids, that under the lid of the bonnet there's sound attenuation, making a characteristically quite EV even quieter it would seem...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm pleased to hear that. Personally I think the position of the feature is ludicrous. For me the 'proper' place is on the steering wheel. Looking at cabin pics it seems to be in awkward location b e h i n d the steering wheel and it appears fiddly too. Like most things unfamiliar I guess I'll get used to the situation. Mark you I've yet to test the beast -far distant dealer because the vehicle has extra spec on it and the combination is not readily available elsewhere I've found - and although I'm fairly confident I'll go ahead and purchase I'm going to reserve final judgement until I see how I get on with the steering wheel, both the position in terms of whether or not I feel 'at home' with it and, also, the ability or otherwise to crucially be able to clearly see the speedometer; the other concern I have is about the regenerative brake 'feel' given the wealth of motoring journalists' criticism about sponginess and initial dead travel. If I'm at all unhappy on either or both scores I'll abandon the sale. We shall see.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't think for one moment will you have an issue with the brakes, you'll notice it more when the battery is fully charged = no regen, I'm always glad when the SOC drops a little bit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts