Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using it to stay within the 20 limits. Found out today that if you stamp the throttle it will override the limiter, bong, spin the wheels and almost fire you into the car in front! Didn't realise about this feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
783 Posts
This is normal for any speed limiter. If you need power in a hurry, you don't want the car to stop you. I have found that the degree of "stamp" varies. BMW limiters are very gentle and overridden far too easily...Merc and Audi much more effort required. No experience of others.

Reactions: TJEV

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
It’s usually located in the same position as the kick down switch in a normal auto.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
583 Posts
Yes, absolutely normal for a speed limiter. On previous cars I have had to the press the throttle right to the floor where you feel it click to override. Others not so 'defined'

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've been using it to stay within the 20 limits. Found out today that if you stamp the throttle it will override the limiter, bong, spin the wheels and almost fire you into the car in front! Didn't realise about this feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Though handy, the annoying thing about the speed limiter function is that it doesn't slow the car to below the set limit or hold it back downhill, especially since the system is quite capable of doing so in SCC mode. For instance, if you resume a set limit when you still happen to be doing above that speed, the car simply throws an alarming tantrum.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
984 Posts
Though handy, the annoying thing about the speed limiter function is that it doesn't slow the car to below the set limit or hold it back downhill, especially since the system is quite capable of doing so in SCC mode. For instance, if you resume a set limit when you still happen to be doing above that speed, the car simply throws an alarming tantrum.
I didn’t know that Richard, thanks. It is bonkers that the speed limiter which by definition should prevent any over speeding (under all conditions). If it doesn’t work downhill then IMO that isn't just a quirk, it’s a serious bug that should be reported and fixed. It sounds like SCC is very much more use than the speed limiter is.

Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts