Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at swapping my Zoe for an MG5, but the one feature I'd really miss is the speed limiter. According to the advert, the MG5 has a speed limiter but I can't see any reference to it in the handbook online. Does the car definitely have a speed limiter, and, if so, is it easy to use?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've had the MG5 for 3 weeks and I can't find a limiter. I to loved that feature for town 30 zones. To easy to go fast in an Ev.

Sent from my NX629J using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
In the eZS, there is an option for Manual speed limiter on the infotainment. You then set it with the cruise stick up/down and tap the stalk end to Set.

I believe it’s a legal requirement for cars sold in the EU to have a manual limiter - even though the 5 doesn’t have the Pilot kit, it should still have this feature.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The advertising says it has a limiter, but there's no obvious way of setting one so I suspect it doesn't exist. My dealer vaguely suggested it was controlled via the cruise control stalk, but I think he was making it up.

·
Registered
MG5 EV / Zoe ZE50 R135
27 Posts
The advertising says it has a limiter, but there's no obvious way of setting one so I suspect it doesn't exist. My dealer vaguely suggested it was controlled via the cruise control stalk, but I think he was making it up.
I can't find any limiter option on mine.

My last two cars (Mondeos) had that feature and I used it but the ones before that just had cruise control and I set that to the speed limit and drove the car on cancel/resume.

Even easier with regen braking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody. It's a pity - otherwise, it seems like an ideal car, but I can't imagine going back to town driving without it!

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
490 Posts
Does this mean MG are advertising a car as having a feature its doesn't have, surely not! 😜

Sorry couldn't resist, I know its not a major feature but it's a bit of cock up again wonder if the daily fail will pick up on this one too.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,940 Posts
My dealer vaguely suggested it was controlled via the cruise control stalk, but I think he was making it up.
If it's there that's where it would be as that's the control on the EZS.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,940 Posts
It isn't there. There is no limiter.
That's not good. It surely must be a part of cruise control to keep to the set speed. MG are messing up on a lot of stuff with our cars. Do they want resales?

I rarely use a limiter as in the Zoe it was easier to set the cruise control to the relevant speed when I wanted to stay in the right zone. I had a hill on the way back from the Golf club and would regen several miles. Can't do this with the EZS as it doesn't use regen but brakes to keep to the set speed.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,940 Posts
Okay, I've just been out for a cup of soup with SWNBO in the car (she's shielding) and had a look at the settings.

In the EZS it's press 'car' on the infotainment, make sure you're in 'driving assist mode' and 'speed assist .....' should be showing with the choice of off/manual/automatic. Switch to manual and an orange icon should appear in the top left of the IHD. Push the Cruise Control lever up and it should start to show speed in 5 mph increments.

Hope this works on the 5 for you.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Okay, I've just been out for a cup of soup with SWNBO in the car (she's shielding) and had a look at the settings.

In the EZS it's press 'car' on the infotainment, make sure you're in 'driving assist mode' and 'speed assist .....' should be showing with the choice of off/manual/automatic. Switch to manual and an orange icon should appear in the top left of the IHD. Push the Cruise Control lever up and it should start to show speed in 5 mph increments.

Hope this works on the 5 for you.
There is no 'driving assist mode' in the MG5.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,940 Posts
There is no 'driving assist mode' in the MG5.
That's a bummer, especially if it was advertised as capable. Another black mark against MG. The naysayers against MG will be lining up to say, 'I told you so'.

Reactions: Br_Ranger

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't found a limiter, but there is an overspeed warning. I wonder if this is what they were referring too? It's on the driver's display - use the arrows on the steering wheel to slide left to the settings menu, then down one to Overspeed Warning, then OK. You can then set a maximum speed.

It's a pain to turn on and off, and it just beeps and says "slow down" if you go too fast, but I guess it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't found a limiter, but there is an overspeed warning. I wonder if this is what they were referring too? It's on the driver's display - use the arrows on the steering wheel to slide left to the settings menu, then down one to Overspeed Warning, then OK. You can then set a maximum speed.

It's a pain to turn on and off, and it just beeps and says "slow down" if you go too fast, but I guess it's better than nothing.
Seen this, but how do you set the speed itself? Can't seem to get a speed set. Do you have to be moving?

·
Registered
MG5 EV / Zoe ZE50 R135
27 Posts
Seen this, but how do you set the speed itself? Can't seem to get a speed set. Do you have to be moving?
I did this earlier whilst stationary. Get the Overspeed thing up then use the up / down arrows on the right to set the speed and then OK to save.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts