Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been mentioned elsewhere in threads but for the record, just took mine out with a GPS showing around 7% variation across the range

30mph actual read approx 32.5
40mph actual read approx 43
50mph actual read approx 53.5
60mph actual read approx 64
70mph actual read approx 74.5

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've yet to do a formal check, but on-the-go comparison of speedo and GPS speed in Torque Pro here in USA-spec Niro shows that car's speedo is only about 1 mph higher, and often the same. (Slight delay in GPS readout is bothersome.)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
502 Posts
I know it's been mentioned elsewhere in threads but for the record, just took mine out with a GPS showing around 7% variation across the range

I've had my e-Niro since April 2019 and checked the speedometer early on against a GPS from 30 m.p.h. to 70 m.p.h. and found it consistently 3 m.p.h. over, which I think is just right.

·
Registered
180 Posts

By law the speedometer must not read slow and there is a complicated formula for the maximum permitted fast 'error' but in the EU (hurrah) it is roughly up to 10%. Our e-Niro is consistently about 4mph fast. Cruise control set to 75 gives true 70-71mph. I feel an electronic instrument could have been much more accurate without risking a slow reading, even with worn tyres! Is the setting more accurate in other jurisdictions - see US post?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts