Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been testing the accuracy of the indicated speed to that of my GPS and have been surprised by just how accurate it is. I checked at all the usual speed limits, at 30, 40 and 50 it was spot on, impossible to separate the two. At 60 it was about 0 to1 mph fast and at 70 1 to 2 mph fast. This is easily the most accurate of any vehicle I have driven since GPS became available.
I was wondering if anyone else had tried and if their results matched mine or if there is much variation between different cars.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Definitely one of the more accurate Speedometers out there. My Nextbase 522GW dash can displays speed and it is within 1-2mph of the car digital speed at all speeds 0-70mph. Not checked it over that speed. I rarely do as much as 70mph on the motorway ....

There is a downside though. You will drive faster, therefore it will be less economical :D

The Leaf 24 was great because it was over 10% fast, so I was driving it slowly and because of that had great economy.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,353 Posts
The Leaf 24 was great because it was over 10% fast, so I was driving it slowly and because of that had great economy.
And even Artic lorries passed you?

·
Zoe Devotee
8,353 Posts
Cyclists passed me in my old Leaf!
lol

I've passed a lot of Leafs in my Zoe. You usually see them about 20ft off the back of an Eddie Stobbart lorry. Probably boring their terrified passengers about how they can get nearly 5mpkwh following in the wake of a lorry and that it'll save them £14 in charging and only be 3 hours slower driving at this speed than driving at 70mph and stopping to charge at an EH pump 2 more times or that if they keep doing this they can skip the connected EH pump and make it to the next one which is on freevend. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts