Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken delivery of a 2020 Leaf 40, looked through all the manuals but cannot find a digital speed display. Please tell me I’m wrong!

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
764 Posts
Congratulations on your new car, good choice, you will love it.

If the digital speedo screen is not there then you will have to install it, as follows:

Turn the car on by pressing the start button on twice.

Using the up, down, left and right keys on the steering wheel, press the right key until the ‘settings’ menu comes up.

Scroll 3 down, using the down key, to ‘customise settings’

This will bring up screens that you can choose to either have of not to have in your main menu.
Scroll down to ‘status’ screen and press ok to turn it on, the orange indicator will show it is on.

using the return button and left key, go back to your main menu and the digital speedo with be there for your future driving pleasure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a star you are, many thanks indeed. Question, our last car was a Qashqai and we set our cruise control with the digital speedo, will this be the same with our Leaf?

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
764 Posts
Your very welcome, pleased that it worked.

On the LEAF the cruise control is separate to the digital speedo, depending which model you have, you will either have a standard cruise control or Propilot.

Using propilot, the speed setting is shown on the top right of the screen with a small digital read out and can be adjusted up and down using the + / - set button. If the vehicle in front slows down, then that digital figure reduces, it won't go over that pre-set figure unless it is overridden by pressing the accelerator pedal and will indicate this by flashing until the speed reduces to the pre-set figure.

I have never used a LEAF with the standard cruise control, so unable to say, but assume something similar, perhaps somebody with a standard cruise control can help out here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much again, I have the Connecta so no pro pilot. Will try it out next time we drive. I can’t possibly imagine you would have to set the speed against the needle speedo.
incidentally, the “status” screen picture in my manual doesn’t show the digital speedo, only radio settings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts