Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is common knowledge but I listened to some songs streamed live from Spotify via my iPhone 5 all the way to work yesterday using the Ampera Infotainment screen for the song info. You can even change tracks from the steering wheel. Pretty cool. All I need now is a holder for my iPhone.

Oh, just make sure you have a good 3G or 4G signal...

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Very cool :) Was that via Bluetooth or USB? I made a relatively lame attempt to send music from my Android phone via Bluetooth and totally failed :-/ but I have a Positiv, not Electron - does that make any difference as I know the sound set-up is fairly different?

Welcome to the forums by the way :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Via USB. I've got an Electron so I guess it's using the infotainment system.
In theory Bluetooth should work but I haven't tried it. I would suspect that Bluetooth audio is provided by the Infotainment system.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Thanks, I'll give it a try :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on this,

I upgraded my iPhone5 to an iPhone6 Plus and now the ICE on my MY12 doesn't recognise the phone as a valid USB device :( Oh well, good while it lasted. Maybe there is a newer ICE firmware that recognises the iPhone6?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
If it's any help, mine (14 reg) works fine with my iPhone 6 plus. But it does spend longer indexing the songs than it used to (or maybe it's just that i have more songs on this one.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting. Thanks for that. I'll have to ask if there is a system upgrade when I get my next service. Failing that maybe I need to trade in for a 14 reg!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts