Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

The best there is at what I do
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this parked in Tesco's car park this afternoon, they really do look pants don't they.

Lovely colour, really stood out, if I had the money I would have one in a heart beat, there again if I had the money I would be shopping in Harrods or M&S ;)

Is the i8 the worlds best Hybrid?

IMG_20170514_145710[1].jpg

IMG_20170514_145646[1].jpg

Registered
Saw a matt black one in Manchester City Centre last week, sounds fantastic! V8 sound from a tiny little 1.5L, impressive!

Discussion Starter #3
If Carlsberg did cars .......

Want one want one want one, I've worked out a way to get one but it does involve tunneling into the Royal Mint, anyone want to give me a hand:whistle:

Registered
Saw my first last week at asda. Also saw my first ion up close 5 minutes earlier.

Registered
Phwar I know what you mean; That Micra is just sublime! ( I joke)
I believe the i8 gets some decent MPG for its size.
I just wish the i3 looked half as good as that really haha.

But yeah I saw a Seen Through Glass episode on YouTube where he was given the car for a challenge.

Registered
There is a matt pink and black one parked in Newcastle every day. It actually looks pretty good.

Discussion Starter #11
As they're so pointless after much consideration I am prepared to take any off their owners hands completely free of charge, you know it makes sense as they are destined for a quick death you don't want to be lumbered with a lump of junk blocking your drive :D

Super Moderator
Lovely colour, really stood out, if I had the money I would have one in a heart beat, there again if I had the money I would be shopping in Harrods or M&S ;)
You'd have to get Harrods to deliver your purchases.

i8 is impractical and easily damaged.

Discussion Starter #16
You'd have to get Harrods to deliver your purchases.

i8 is impractical and easily damaged.

If I had one I wouldn't be parking it in a public car park, yes they are impractical yes the doors are different, you couldn't see out the back of a Lamborghini but that wasn't the point of the car.

I don't want one to do the school run or pop to the shops, I want one to drive it like I stole it.

Registered
Seriously, if you had that sort of money, you'd buy a tesla right? In fact the depreciation over 2 years would buy a 2nd hand tesla.

Super Moderator
Most people do. The i8 will always be a rare car.

The two cars are very different. I sat in a i8, but haven't driven one. I wasn't interested. we have driven a MS. I'd probably get a MS if we had the money. Then I'd come on here and complain about it.

Discussion Starter #20
Seriously, if you had that sort of money, you'd buy a tesla right? In fact the depreciation over 2 years would buy a 2nd hand tesla.
Nope, I'd have an i8 and a Smart fortwo electric cabrio to complement my i3 and I'd probably have an Outlander to replace my Passat.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts