Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never had an issue with this when I had a petrol powered car, but for some reason I keep finding myself leaving the charge flap open.

Having it spring loaded or automatically closing in some way would be very useful, to me at least.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I have left it open a couple of times. Even done it on the Leaf which has a big flap at the front. After a while it becomes habit just to close the flap when you unplug.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
It is good that that display prompts you that it is open but an audio alert would be useful also.

I too have found myself half a mile down the road before noticing that its open.. I think its to do with returning the charger cord, turning away from the vehicle coiling cable plugging the socket into its holster and then walking around the rear of the vehicle... It might not be so much of a problem on the original Left hand drive volts..

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
BTW there is no indication whatsoever on the Leaf, either visual or audible, that the charge flap is open. Even having the visual message is a huge improvement over the Leaf in that respect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts