Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,618 Posts
My warranty is done now and they're both squeaking and grinding again. Eventually I'll get around to putting some PTFE lube on them - until then I'm really not fussed now that I have to pay for the repair :p

Do wish I had properly auto folding ones though :( I wonder if it's retrofittable...

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Mine's June 2017 and they auto-fold....and squeak. Passenger side replaced again in June, now replaced driver side squeaking although has stopped in this colder weather we've just had.
Actually had a rethink.
I have had so many I forget which came in which month.
My 24 was March.
My 30 was actually May 2017 and didn't have autofold, seems like every 30 from then on did have it as standard.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
My warranty is done now and they're both squeaking and grinding again. Eventually I'll get around to putting some PTFE lube on them - until then I'm really not fussed now that I have to pay for the repair :p

Do wish I had properly auto folding ones though :( I wonder if it's retrofittable...
It used to grind my gears that I didn't have auto. But in 5 Leaf it has only been my 2 Zero that ever squeaked.

I don't recall any mention of a Leafspy setting to make them auto.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,618 Posts
It used to grind my gears that I didn't have auto. But in 5 Leaf it has only been my 2 Zero that ever squeaked.

I don't recall any mention of a Leafspy setting to make them auto.
Oh I think both sides are on their third wingmirror each - I've just decided I can't be bothered now I have to pay for the repair!

I believe there is a hardware module required to enable auto fold on lock/unlock....I'd be interested if it isn't crazy expensive but I'm quite sure it'd be a pain to track down the part and I don't have enough of an interest to be bothered.

I do need to sort out the speaker that's just blown though :'(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Surely a wing mirror replaced even under warranty has it's "own" warranty? I'm assuming that if you had a mirror replaced under warranty near the end of the cars warranty then the wing mirror would have 12 months warranty so if it keeps failing within 12 months then you should in theory be able to keep replacing under warranty?

·
Registered
648 Posts
In case you anyone was wondering what it sounds like, there's a link to my video of it here:

Mine have started squeaking again. After the dealer being so utterly useless at the warranty repair (details in linked thread), I've started doing the silicone PTFE spray, but it only last 4-6 months each time.

The auto-fold mirrors were an option extra hardware module that was made standard on all vehicles manufactured after 1st March 2017, as they cleared out the parts bin ready for the 40kWh Leaf production. If you have a car newer that March 2017 without the folding mirrors, it's likely it was manufactured before the cut off and registered a little later.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts