Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (2015)
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I noticed my Outlander has squeeky brakes when applying the brakes (no matter how much pressure). This isn't a big deal and I'm going to apply a bit of copper grease on the caliper/pad when I get a good day.

However, it's made me question why the brakes squeak when lightly applying the brakes but don't when driving in B-mode? Don't they both use regen braking when not heavily braking? When pressing the pedal is there a pre-application in readiness for using pads? It's confused me.

·
Registered
573 Posts
A bit confused by the second bit of the OP's post. Regen doesn't use the brakes. Pressing on the brake pedal may not use the brakes depending on how hard you push the pedal and things like battery percentage and battery temperature. So the car tries to extract the maximum regen from the electric motors that it calculates is available; only then does it apply the friction brakes and waste energy as heat in the disks and pads

Reactions: richi

·
richi.uk
294 Posts
Oh yeah, I missed that bit. Could it be you have a partially seized rear caliper? I hear some cars didn't get properly fixed during the big recall. And some later cars that were supposed to have been built with the redesigned parts are succumbing to the same problem. See section O.5 of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV FAQ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts