Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back there was a thread on here about foglights on early-ish UK SR+ cars and I posted that I wasn't really a fan of the black covers having missed the order cuttoff date for getting them by a couple of days (and not noticing / being made aware of the change not that I could really have done much about it). I did however have the button on the lights page as some sort of taunt and wondered if the car could be retrofitted.

Tesla confirmed the retofit was possible based on my VIN and they were fitted today by the very friendly local mobile Tesla technician.

No software changes were needed to my car; just plug and play with the 2 new light units and a different front bumper harness.

This was the expensive option, garaunteed to work or no payment but there is a cheaper option which should work as there are UK spec foglights listed just now on Ebay. Another listing by the same seller here for another offside fog light. The part numbers are the same as the ones I've just had fitted new from Tesla, 1077395-00-D and 1077396-00-D.

The other part required is the front bumper wiring harness. This is part number 1067958-00-F which you can buy from Tesla for £50+VAT if it's not available from Ebay etc. If you were handy with small automotive connectors I would think you could also install the pins yourself into the existing connector but I don't know how common the connectors on the light units are.

I've been looking for these on ebay for ages but wasn't clear if I could just buy them and get the rest of the parts from Tesla or how the software side would work. At worst I would think that if it didn't work on your car you could relist them and not lose any money (new they are £175+VAT each). Heck you could even probably make money on them...

My car was delivered in November 2019 BTW if anyone is looking for a similar modification route. I've also got some images of connectors and the old wiring harness if anyone wants details of connectors.

I don't know if that's helpful to anyone but I couldn't find much info online for options to get the foglights installed on the Model 3 SR+.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Good info! We have the foglights on our SR+, but I'm sure this may be of interest to some newer SR+ owners, and this kind of information is great to have on the forum.

·
Registered
104 Posts
just an fyi , having watched the ranger do this to mine, it wasnt a small change - the whole front nose came off as well as a few internal panels, sure it was a direct loom replacement and no software update, but the ranger who'd done about 20 of them was here for about 2.5 hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts