Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

SR+ MIC Supercharging Speed, and Range.

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Spike 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone with a new MIC SR+ that can give info from everyday usage on charging speed and range?

I know there has been a recent software update.

Many thanks😊

#2 ·
I was about to start a new thread on this.
I can't get my car to charge above 70kw, in fact I have only seen that number once and usually its at like 40kw. Tried on a range of superchargers. What sort of charge speed are you getting on yours?
I have a service centre appointment but will be very interested to hear other people's experiences.

#3 ·
What state of charge are you turning up to these superchargers with and is the battery well warmed up from driving for several miles beforehand?

In my experience, you generally need to be down around 15-20% of battery remaining and have been driving and pre-conditioning for at least half an hour and ideally for it not to be below about 10 degrees C outside temperature to be able to reach speeds above 100kw.

It may seem like jumping through hoops but on road trips, it's not and it's the same or worse for other EVs

(Disclaimer - I do not have a MIC M3, I have a made in California one)

#4 ·
Here you go here's a good example. Right this moment I hit the max charging speed (it was bouncing between 169 and 170 for about a minute). But the conditions need to be right.

You can see when I set off and what the time was and that I'd been driving for just over half an hour, I had preconditioned, the outside temp was over 20 degrees. I arrived with 16% state of charge.

Try that in your MIC Model 3, see what happens.

#5 ·
Newish Youtube channel covering aspects of MiC SR+. He's had slow SC speeds, but saw a definite improvement the other day with a longer pre-condition and longer drive before charging.

Reactions: Cantonalegod
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.