Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone getting more than 100kw?

It's it to do with the version of the supercharger?

Software updates say upgraded to 120kw and then 170kw but mine never goes above 100 currently

Both in UK and Europe I should add

·
Registered
158 Posts
So many variables!

Bigger battery cars don't really see battery heating during driving unless being really thrashed so in this cold climate that cooler battery will be a factor.

Some sites may not have a supply, or equipment capable of 170kW, and bear in mind, not hitting peaks has been a thing for many years, and will continue to be the case.

I suggest going to a site with 10 plus stalls and no-one else on there, thrash it on the way, get battery temp to 20C, then plug in, see what it does.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The software update that take it above 100kwh for the SR+ has only just been released, and a handful of US SR+ cars have it. It’s not widespread yet and not seen anyone in the UK say they have this version. So we’re all maxing at 100 at the moment

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The software update that take it above 100kwh for the SR+ has only just been released, and a handful of US SR+ cars have it. It’s not widespread yet and not seen anyone in the UK say they have this version. So we’re all maxing at 100 at the moment
I definitely have the version, it came in 32.1 I think and I'm on 32.2. interestingly you're right though it's not in my release notes.

I've tried lots of charge levels mostly 20% and under and a couple at 10%. Was on a 20 stall charger on Belgium and the only car there. The EU chargers are 150kw max I think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Faster supercharging is not in the 32.x releases. It was in some initial early access versions and they pulled it. Hence not seeing it in the release notes
It’s in the 40.1 release, which is just starting to be rolled out. Faster supercharging, neural net auto wipers and better auto lane change. So you need to wait for that

·
Registered
171 Posts
I definitely have the version, it came in 32.1 I think and I'm on 32.2. interestingly you're right though it's not in my release notes.
170kwh was in 36.1 but it was pulled from 36.2 and is only just back with 40.1, which might not be a global release . So 100kwh max in UK on SR+ at the moment.

·
Registered
11,763 Posts

I've tried lots of charge levels mostly 20% and under and a couple at 10%. Was on a 20 stall charger on Belgium and the only car there. The EU chargers are 150kw max I think.
Apparently you need the 2019.36.1 version or above:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts