Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Steven, and I'm the founder of SSEV, which is short for Self Sustainable Electric Vehicles. The main goal of SSEV is to provide a fully green, self sustained vehicle and eliminate the need for charging. We recently started a Kickstarter Campaign. So if you're interested in taking part in the next big advancement in the industry, go to https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/972727846/ssev Lets change the world, Together!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have any spare cash....but as luck would have it, I've just had an email from a Nigerian Government Official who is looking to deposit £30,000 into someone's account for safe keeping.

Reactions: Matt Beard

·
Registered
707 Posts
Awe, c'mon everyone... in a world without friction, wind resistance, and other sources of energy losses (like heating and cooling both the cabin and the battery) and with perfect regenerative capability this would be totally feasible. Of course, in that world we could also just propel ourselves everywhere with small pushes similar to how astronauts manoeuvre inside the space station... cars would be used to just get us going faster than we could do it with our muscles.

Seriously, though, maybe someone should report it as a scam to Kickstarter.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Even in the Space Station there is air resistance so although it looks, and probably feels, totally friction free... it isn't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go ahead and tell me why I can't do it. Then I'll show you I can and will do it. Go ahead... I like a challenge.

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Go ahead and tell me why I can't do it. Then I'll show you I can and will do it. Go ahead... I like a challenge.
Because you would be violating the laws of physics.

Whatever your method for "converting the kinetic energy of the car into electricity" it isn't 100% efficient. Even if it were, cars travelling at highway speeds expend most of their energy in overcoming wind resistance, not in increasing their kinetic energy. So in a best case scenario you could recover MAYBE 90% of the kinetic energy of a car travelling 70mph. That accounts for maybe 30% of the energy expended (the other 70 having been lost as heat and sound from rolling resistance and air resistance) so you can capture 90% of 30% of the energy you started with. You are now also stationary, which might be a problem if you're still on the highway.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Because you would be violating the laws of physics.

Whatever your method for "converting the kinetic energy of the car into electricity" it isn't 100% efficient. Even if it were, cars travelling at highway speeds expend most of their energy in overcoming wind resistance, not in increasing their kinetic energy. So in a best case scenario you could recover MAYBE 90% of the kinetic energy of a car travelling 70mph. That accounts for maybe 30% of the energy expended (the other 70 having been lost as heat and sound from rolling resistance and air resistance) so you can capture 90% of 30% of the energy you started with. You are now also stationary, which might be a problem if you're still on the highway.
So there you go...your challenge has been accepted. You've been told why conventional wisdom says you can't. Now, put you're money where your mouth is and tell how you can. If you don't explain 'in principle', then please don't ever visit this forum again. But then again, it probably won't matter because you'll be banned by a mod.

Don't get me wrong, I (and the rest of mankind) would love to eat our words. But the fact that for every Einsten and Da Vinci there are a million and 1 scam artists and get rich quick merchants. The sorry fact is that SOME of them do get rich because of gullible people. Forum members here aren't. I take it you've not pitched your idea to venture capitalists or angel investors. I'd love to see the episide when you appear on Dragon's Den.

I suggest no more members waste their time explaining why this can't de done.

Reactions: hopbackguy

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
The "idea" is now out there, and I think/hope there's enough information here to guide people as to if and what to invest.

I'm going to close this thread as I feel it will just serve to extend the debate on "free energy", which is much like debating the buttered toast - cat paradox.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.