Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all. First time post.. been following the forum from a far for a few months but had yet to join.

So 26th Nov I placed my lease order for a Corsa e .. very excited .. much like another poster in grey .. got delayed last week (it's in the country .. just vauxhall put it on hold for some reason.. if anyone knows of any gossip I'm all ears)

End of Nov I moved to octupus energy with the go tariff so it's ready to go

Podpoint came out yesterday and installed my charge point.

Hopefully the car shall turn up in a couple weeks and then I'll be ready to go.

50 mile round trip to work a day .. no charging at work but the range should work.

Very exciting times

Has anyone used these?

My golf club has free to use type 1 chargers

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
184 Posts
Welcome!
Nice to see the Corsa-e community is growing. I thinks its an often overlooked EV.

Anyways, what trim/spec did you order?
I'm waiting for delivey of mine too, but that was my choice (to get it registered as a 2021 model).

Just had a site review from the charging installer.
Getting the charge point installed in two weeks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!
Nice to see the Corsa-e community is growing. I thinks its an often overlooked EV.

Anyways, what trim/spec did you order?
I'm waiting for delivey of mine too, but that was my choice (to get it registered as a 2021 model).

Just had a site review from the charging installer.
Getting the charge point installed in two weeks.
I've got the elite Navi premium .. not my choice overly it was what was on offer from the lease company

Tbh I wanted the Kona 62kw because the lease deal was so good but it was so good it sold out before I got there but they had the Corsa e.. I looked into them a bit and I thought that's a nice car .

Perfect for round the a406 every day

4 year lease and then will reassess the market to see if there is much change

Mines a 20 plate , already registered just waiting for it to appear .. not sure why vauxhall have put the fleet on hold atm or could be just that car.

What charger did you go for?

I only went for podpoint because a mate at work has a leaf and he got it.. no issues etc so just go with recommendation.

Can't wait tbh. Balances out the diesel tank on the otherside the drive I have to have because of too many children lol

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
184 Posts
I chose the EvMeter BeeMeter with wifi. Its made by a local company, but they have worldwide distributors (many branded differently according to region).

Personally, I would stay away from Hyundai/Kia EVs for now, following the recent cases of fires and motor bearing faults.
I'm hoping the Corsa-e will be safe and reliable :)

We too have a 7 seater ICE (leased Citroën C4 Grand Spacetourer) for longer trips and when we need to take all of the kids somewhere. The Corsa-e will replace my Peugeot 208 which I mainly drive to work and for some small errands.

I think it will take some time until 7 seater EVs go mainstream in the market.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I chose the EvMeter BeeMeter with wifi. Its made by a local company, but they have worldwide distributors (many branded differently according to region).

Personally, I would stay away from Hyundai/Kia EVs for now, following the recent cases of fires and motor bearing faults.
I'm hoping the Corsa-e will be safe and reliable :)

We too have a 7 seater ICE (leased Citroën C4 Grand Spacetourer) for longer trips and when we need to take all of the kids somewhere. The Corsa-e will replace my Peugeot 208 which I mainly drive to work and for some small errands.

I think it will take some time until 7 seater EVs go mainstream in the market.
I've seen the Skoda electric SUV that looks good maybe next time around

My alhambra will have to do for family trips for now

I like the fact the Corsa is understated and you wouldn't know it's electric

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
558 Posts
Welcome Darklord87. I've had my Corsa-e Nav Elite since late July. It's my first EV but I'd been test driving various models for over a year before I decided on the Cross-e. No real complaints except a few niggles with some of the software/features. Overall, performance-wise, it's been very good. In the summer I was averaging 4.1 miles/kWh. Now with temperatures being lower it's down to 3.7 miles/kWh but that was to be expected.

Most of my driving is school run, local, rural and a bit of town driving. I have made a couple of 500 mile long round trips with no problems charging en-route. In summer I know I can easily go 190 miles before range anxiety kicks in and 160 in winter. Either way, a long trip from East Anglia to Liverpool can be made with just one stop.

I had the PodPoint installed but that came with the car as part of the vauxhall promotion at the time. I normally charge a couple of time a week at home or grab some free wiggly amps if I go to the local Tesco. One thing you will note when you get your car is that there's no region braking even if you select B if you've just fully charged the car. Takes about 5%-8% of usage before the region braking will kick in.

I drive it almost exclusively in Normal mode. I've used Sports a few times when at the traffic lights and there's an opportunity to nip in front of the person next to me for a particular reason. It's fantastic having so much instantaneous torque but I'd advise caution using Sport mode from a standing start on wet roads. Wheel spin is almost certainly guaranteed.

Overall, enjoy the car when you get it. No serious faults and a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Darklord87. I've had my Corsa-e Nav Elite since late July. It's my first EV but I'd been test driving various models for over a year before I decided on the Cross-e. No real complaints except a few niggles with some of the software/features. Overall, performance-wise, it's been very good. In the summer I was averaging 4.1 miles/kWh. Now with temperatures being lower it's down to 3.7 miles/kWh but that was to be expected.

Most of my driving is school run, local, rural and a bit of town driving. I have made a couple of 500 mile long round trips with no problems charging en-route. In summer I know I can easily go 190 miles before range anxiety kicks in and 160 in winter. Either way, a long trip from East Anglia to Liverpool can be made with just one stop.

I had the PodPoint installed but that came with the car as part of the vauxhall promotion at the time. I normally charge a couple of time a week at home or grab some free wiggly amps if I go to the local Tesco. One thing you will note when you get your car is that there's no region braking even if you select B if you've just fully charged the car. Takes about 5%-8% of usage before the region braking will kick in.

I drive it almost exclusively in Normal mode. I've used Sports a few times when at the traffic lights and there's an opportunity to nip in front of the person next to me for a particular reason. It's fantastic having so much instantaneous torque but I'd advise caution using Sport mode from a standing start on wet roads. Wheel spin is almost certainly guaranteed.

Overall, enjoy the car when you get it. No serious faults and a pleasure to drive.
Sounds brilliant

Haven't been able to test drive any lol but bought my last 3 cars blind now so not too bad

The guy from podpoint test was saying to me best way to prolong the battery is keep it between 20-80% charge , only 100 when you want to go somewhere far . Then once a month nip to a rapid charge it give the batteries a wake up

Once it arrives I can't wait to get driving in it. Much as I love driving my tank I can't wait to have the silence of electric

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
184 Posts
Sounds brilliant

Haven't been able to test drive any lol but bought my last 3 cars blind now so not too bad

The guy from podpoint test was saying to me best way to prolong the battery is keep it between 20-80% charge , only 100 when you want to go somewhere far . Then once a month nip to a rapid charge it give the batteries a wake up

Once it arrives I can't wait to get driving in it. Much as I love driving my tank I can't wait to have the silence of electric
Once a month rapid charge? If you mean DC charge, I haven't heard of that tip. But it is recommended to fully charge (AC slow/home charging) once a month to 100%, because at the very end of the charging phase, most EVs do cell balancing which is important for prolonging battery life and performance.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,528 Posts
I decided on the Cross-e
A Freudien slip? ;) I’m driving an e-208 so kind of related to you guys. @Darklord87 An EV should help you stay calmer on the North Circ. You’ll be able to burn more powerful vehicles off at the lights and weave in and out of lanes effortlessly🤣

Reactions: b789pilot

·
Registered
2020 Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav 7kw
153 Posts
Hey! Welcome to the Corsa-e club!

Like you, I ordered blind having not driven the Corsa-e before, but then again I ordered mine during the first lockdown when a test drive was basically not possible. It is though, the best car I've ever driven. It can be either a very boring sensible drive, or quite a fun one. The joy of an electric "engine" :D

As for the charging strategy, everyone does seem to advise keeping the charge under/around 80% unless you're about to set off on a long journey, but based on what I've seen of recent EVs this doesn't seem to be as necessary. Also, as you're leasing (like me), to some extent the battery degradation would largely be someone else's problem well after you've handed it back...

To be honest, the biggest adjustment for me when new to electric driving was the permanent use of an automatic gearbox (my hand wandered for a gear stick for a while to begin with!), and also public charging is a funny little quirk to get used to.

On a longer journey, where you need to charge mid-way, you'll find yourself prepping a little more before heading off than you'd usually do. In my petrol car before this, I'd pretty much wack a postcode in to Google Maps and be on my way. With an electric vehicle, you tend to route and plan your stops around reliable electric charging spots. If you've not taken a look already, get yourself an account on Zap Map and plug in some of your regular long distance drives (if you do any) to see where the reliable rapid chargers are en-route (purple pins are the rapid ones). In case you've not learnt from these forums, avoid ecotricity like the plague; pretty much every CCS user I've seen (which includes us wonderful Corsa-e lot), has had issues with them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey! Welcome to the Corsa-e club!

Like you, I ordered blind having not driven the Corsa-e before, but then again I ordered mine during the first lockdown when a test drive was basically not possible. It is though, the best car I've ever driven. It can be either a very boring sensible drive, or quite a fun one. The joy of an electric "engine" :D

As for the charging strategy, everyone does seem to advise keeping the charge under/around 80% unless you're about to set off on a long journey, but based on what I've seen of recent EVs this doesn't seem to be as necessary. Also, as you're leasing (like me), to some extent the battery degradation would largely be someone else's problem well after you've handed it back...

To be honest, the biggest adjustment for me when new to electric driving was the permanent use of an automatic gearbox (my hand wandered for a gear stick for a while to begin with!), and also public charging is a funny little quirk to get used to.

On a longer journey, where you need to charge mid-way, you'll find yourself prepping a little more before heading off than you'd usually do. In my petrol car before this, I'd pretty much wack a postcode in to Google Maps and be on my way. With an electric vehicle, you tend to route and plan your stops around reliable electric charging spots. If you've not taken a look already, get yourself an account on Zap Map and plug in some of your regular long distance drives (if you do any) to see where the reliable rapid chargers are en-route (purple pins are the rapid ones). In case you've not learnt from these forums, avoid ecotricity like the plague; pretty much every CCS user I've seen (which includes us wonderful Corsa-e lot), has had issues with them.
Cheers for the useful tip there !

I have to admit I don't plan long trips in it. Got a 4 year old ice car for that if we go anywhere longer

It's litterally for work (23 miles each way) and the golf course (3 mile each way) lol

I've found myself using the smaller car to drop the daughter At school when it's raining so it's what I plan to do with this As it won't cost much

I found that hard with auto Aswell! I switched in 2012 to a hyrbid auris and still do it now .. with 2 auto cars in between lol

Old habits die hard

Really just want it here now so I can have some fun

·
Registered
2020 Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav 7kw
153 Posts
Sounds like the perfect use for an electric car then! But do find an occasion to do an overtake or two, they are rather fun :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts