Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed my 2020 gte was charging tonight beyond the minimum setting I.e. ignoring my schedule and just charging to full immediately after I’d plugged it in.

did a bit of fiddling and in the end turning off the schedule on we connect and then it back on has fixed it.

anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Something occurred to me - I charged the car yesterday after school run by pressing the override button near the charging socket on the car.
Is it possible it stays in this mode until I press the scheduled charging button again?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Something occurred to me - I charged the car yesterday after school run by pressing the override button near the charging socket on the car.
Is it possible it stays in this mode until I press the scheduled charging button again?
No this isn't the case and my MY16 GTE charges perfectly every time in line with the schedules set however every now and again for some reason (probably software) the car will instigate a full charge all by itself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An update on this - just to clear up confusion and let vw off the hook.

turns out in my car I do have to press the ‘scheduled charging’ button at the front of the car after I’ve done an immediate charge - it won’t go back automatically.

Hope this helps others who may be doing the occasional immediate charge during the day and are wondering why their overnight charging has stopped

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,740 Posts
An update on this - just to clear up confusion and let vw off the hook.

turns out in my car I do have to press the ‘scheduled charging’ button at the front of the car after I’ve done an immediate charge - it won’t go back automatically.

Hope this helps others who may be doing the occasional immediate charge during the day and are wondering why their overnight charging has stopped
Is this a Golf 8?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts